Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 06:56 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 6th June 2020

Good morning all, Have a good day, take care and stay safe, God bless, that goes for dogs too.

I trust Kelly your mum is on the mend at last and Chris Dave is feeling better. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Very blustery and raining here today, we started emptying one of the storage boxes yesterday afternoon to move it, guess that job won't be happening this weekend.
Our neighbour who lives on his own and has cancer has gone away to Cornwall for 3 weeks and asked us to keep an eye on the house and check his chickens although they should be ok he has automatic feeders and waterers for them. That is going to cause a bone of contention with our neighbour the other side who I am finding out is very nosey, they all had a bit of a row a few years back and all I hear is negative things about Graham.
She gets quite cross and pumps for information, my mum always told me a still tongue makes a wise head and it rattles her if I just give vague answers.
When they had their row supposedly I didn't even know this road existed let alone these people so why she seems adamant I should believe and stick by her I have no idea, I take people at face value and so far we have had no problems with Graham.
In fact the stories she told me made me very worried when we were putting up the cabin as one of the rows is apparently about the extension on their house and Graham accused them of not having planning permission and he went round their house and was verbally abusive.
The other week when clapping a neighbour across the road told Wendy he was moving and they both said best news we have had. I know he is and to where and that he has rehomed his dog as he will be backwards and forwards now till he moves and it's a long journey and he has rehomed most of his chickens as he will be moving to a flat eventually.
They will be cheering and clapping no doubt what they won't know is he will be coming back a couple of times a year to visit his daughter but will keep his house here as a base.
I am avoiding her like the plague at the moment because if she says anything to me I will be telling her I knew none of you at that time and I try to be friends with everyone and not get involved in gossip.

Chris what wonderful news for you and Gary even if it is likely to be a quick move. Hope Dave is improving.
griff still rooting for mum and hope things next door have eased up.

Hope evryone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2020, 08:01 AM
do you know the difference between tea and coffee? the difference is there is no F in tea .

Good morning all

Bit windy outside but sunny. Got a lot planned to day doing exactly nothing. It's a hard life but someone has to live it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
do you know the difference between tea and coffee? the difference is there is no F in tea .

Good morning all

Bit windy outside but sunny. Got a lot planned to day doing exactly nothing. It's a hard life but someone has to live it
Equally no A in coffee.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Lynn Ah ha neighbours my Moms way was to talk only about the weather when ever she met the neighbours.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all, Have a good day, take care and stay safe, God bless, that goes for dogs too.

I trust Kelly your mum is on the mend at last and Chris Dave is feeling better. God bless.
Morning Moyra, stay dry
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 08:25 AM
Good morning Moyra Lynn, Kazz and all who follow

So pleased a flat has come through for Gary and hope you can sort everything out to everyone's satisfaction Chris. Also hope Dave is now feeing a lot better

Thinking of you and your mum Kelly

Have a good day Kazz with whatever you have planned

Hope you can get the storage box sorted Lynn. I agree just keep quiet and let them all keep thinking.

As Barry said a bit windy but sunny. Teazle walked and have done a bit of gardening - digging up some aquilegia from one bed as all the same colour and too many of them. No doubt more will appear next year Thinking of revamping the bed anyway as everything seems to be at one end and I have not really done anything with it since we moved in.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 08:33 AM
Good morning all

Been out with Gert and raining pouring, and the radio is saying thunder this afternoon.

Chris so pleased for you all a major weight off your minds as well. I imagine he will want to go straight there when he knows. You will have to mobilise, but fantastic news.

GriffSee how things go I suspect could all change.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Moyra Lynn, Kazz and all who follow

So pleased a flat has come through for Gary and hope you can sort everything out to everyone's satisfaction Chris. Also hope Dave is now feeing a lot better

Thinking of you and your mum Kelly

Have a good day Kazz with whatever you have planned

Hope you can get the storage box sorted Lynn. I agree just keep quiet and let them all keep thinking.

As Barry said a bit windy but sunny. Teazle walked and have done a bit of gardening - digging up some aquilegia from one bed as all the same colour and too many of them. No doubt more will appear next year Thinking of revamping the bed anyway as everything seems to be at one end and I have not really done anything with it since we moved in.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Sitting here thinking of taking a wall down.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Good morning all

Like you Lynn I take as I find and try my hardest not to get involved in neighbour squabbles

It is brilliant news for us all in respect of the flat. My worry is how to arrange everything safely. He needs a new sofa and bedroom furniture so at least 2 deliveries plus the removal men. A bit scary as we've all been totally isolating since mid March but we'll have to try to get him moved as safely as possible
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >