View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 08:36 PM
It may be wortgh approaching a local working trials or schutzhund club for advice, help or even to join (if they are friendly enough - many of them don't want beginners).

I have recently contacted one which trains where Smoleybear went to a seminar last weekend. They are very friendly and my dogs are going there for tracking and obedience (aside from Jenzi 'cos of her hips (she's only doing tracking)).
Your dogs, regardless of bred can become titled in tracking if they are good enough at it so if you chose to, you could have a goal to work towards.

They also do obedience at a much higher level than you'd normally find at a pet training club which I've found wears mine out mentally more than physically.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 07:44 AM
thanks for all the replies guys. definately something im going to look into doing with him. really wanted to do agility with him but i think he is just too nervous, and its obvious he loves using his nose to find things (yesterday he kindly brought me half a dead segull ) so i think its a good route to go down with him.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2