i am a pug lover and looking for a suitable affix
please help
many thanks
mandie
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Can you please clarify what you mean by 'affix'? Do you mean as in kennel name, as in the affix that a breeder has...?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Can you please clarify what you mean by 'affix'? Do you mean as in kennel name, as in the affix that a breeder has...?
thats what an affix is
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 09:25 AM
ooh good luck with that one!! im sending off for mine at the end of the month, and it took me AGES to think of one, and then theres no saying you will get it as you have to come up with seven choices on the form.... think of something that you like, or thats personal too you.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thats what an affix is

I know

Just wasn't sure from the brief post whether that was precisel what was meant... but I guess it must be.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I wouldnt bother with an affix just cos you love dogs. You only need one if you are a breeder.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I wouldnt bother with an affix just cos you love dogs. You only need one if you are a breeder.
If you do any kind of activity or competitions such as HTM, agility, flyball etc. I think it is nice to have a kennel name to add to your dogs' names. I've thought about having one even though I don't breed or do any competitive activities.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
If you do any kind of activity or competitions such as HTM, agility, flyball etc. I think it is nice to have a kennel name to add to your dogs' names. I've thought about having one even though I don't breed or do any competitive activities.
'spose, I never really thought about that tbh
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 06:33 PM
MM: would that make your dog - 'theiraffix/kc name at your affix'? then your 'initials' as you earned them (if its a pedigree, KC reg dog beforehand?)
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 06:36 PM
'spose, I never really thought about that tbh
Personal choice, of course

For instance I believe Tina Humphrey of Tina & Chandi fame (Britain's Got Talent) has a kennel name, Bluecroft, even though Chandi is only her second ever dog. She competed with her first dog Pepper, but I don't know if she had a registered affix then. Chandi's full name is Bluecroft My Blue Heaven.

MM: would that make your dog - 'theiraffix/kc name at your affix'? then your 'initials' as you earned them (if its a pedigree, KC reg dog beforehand?)
If your dog was already registered then you can add your own affix - for instance, you buy a puppy from someone with the affix Dogsey, and it's Dogsey Henry. You can add then your affix for the puppy to become Dogsey Henry at Fishface (Fishface being your kennel name).

It doesn't have to be 'at' - you can also have 'with', 'by', 'to', 'avec' 'von' - any link word like that which makes sense, or even no link word at all.

Not sure what you mean about initials, but say this dog earned a Junior Warrant then it would be Dogsey Henry at Fishface JW. Or if it passed the first level of Working Trials it would be Dogsey Henry at Fishface CDex. Or if it became a champion, it would be Ch. Dogsey Henry at Fishface.

If the dog isn't KC reg beforehand, you can of course register it on the Activity (formerly Working) register with any name/s you wish providing the name's not already taken, and the words aren't someone else's kennel name, and you don't repeat a word when registering any subsequent dogs.

So I could register my mutt on the Activity register as Hooray Henry (if it hasn't been taken already) but not Dogsey Hooray Henry as that's a registered affix belonging to someone else (or at least it is here, in our examples!!).

If Dogsey isn't already an affix I might be allowed to register him as Dogsey Hooray Henry (if nobody else has a dog of that same name). But I couldn't register my other mutt as Dogsey Fishface... that would be repeating a word. And to do that I would have to register Dogsey as my affix.