View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Labradork - we were also told Louie was going to be "Less lazy than a lab and less hyper than a Springer" He has his moments but it's actually quite true - so even though I was thinking yeah ok.. he was actually right.. but Louie could just be a one off..

Leanne and I were at Dogs unleashed a few months ago and this woman approached us asking about Flynn (SWP x GWP) and asked us about him - she had a dog slightly bigger but basically the same as Flynn - he was a Labrador x Poodle - I tried to say the designer name - I couldn't do it!!! Just shows it's a mixed bunch of what you get.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I met a lady the other day with a scruffy type Labradoodle and I said "is he a Labradoodle?" and the woman seemed rather surprised I knew. She admitted it wasnt the kind of coat she wanted but said it had been the result of a backcross with a lab so she'd taken it on the chin.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Met one lab x poodle puppy that had a very quiet sweet nature, however the owner didn't seem to pleased when I pointed out that she definitely had inherited more of the labs physical trates, esp with regards to coat type.

Met another woman with a poodle x (can't remember what the cross was with now) think I burst her bubble when I mentioned poodle trates. Her response was a rather confused what do you mean poodle trates? My immediate thought was oh dear. She had no idea that the dog could/would inherit any of the poodle trates, apparently the poodles energy level is not what she wants in her dog.

How is it possible that some people can be so ignorant and or stupid?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I recently met a Labradoodle, first one I've actually met. I did wonder if he'd been mixed up with a Great Dane somewhere cause he was so massive.

Big friendly chap though, lovely dog. Sweet nature...but absolutely mahoosive
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I recently met a Labradoodle, first one I've actually met. I did wonder if he'd been mixed up with a Great Dane somewhere cause he was so massive.

Big friendly chap though, lovely dog. Sweet nature...but absolutely mahoosive

Sounds like the one I met today!

There is also a "goldendoodle" at our local park. She too is large but I think the owners were prepared for it. Have to say she is utterly adorable and a real livewire
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I meet lots of labradoodles in the park and they are all large dogs. A few black ones could be twins, they actually look similar to Irish Wolfhounds

The only one that's different is an Australian labradoodle who is chocolate brown and has curly hair and looks more like a poodle, the rest all are scraggy looking things.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 05:31 PM
most of the labradoodles I know have been huge. They tend to be bigger than either parents as far as I've seen. Not sure why that is, but even the "mini" labradoodles are larger than either parent usually.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:19 PM
i upset some woman when she was proudly showing me her dog. i said oh its a cross breed then, we used to call them mongrels, and showed her a piccy of ben. and she asked how much was he, when i said free she was amazed. i knew bens owner since she was 5 yrs old. and i had pick of the litter.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
most of the labradoodles I know have been huge. They tend to be bigger than either parents as far as I've seen. Not sure why that is, but even the "mini" labradoodles are larger than either parent usually.

Same here.. they are all ginormous the ones I meet - they do look bigger than both standard poodles and labs - maybe its the scruffy coat!

Some of them are very sweet, they are all usually mad!
See a lot of cockerpoos too, and have even met some cavapoos recently (some of these are very odd looking!)

Most of the time you have no idea what they will look like, coat, size, shedding, temprement as they are just crossbreeds - I'm sure people pay a fortune for them though

I think so many owners just buy in to the trend and say oo I want a labradoodle. I'm not sure they ask themselves whether they would like a lab or poodle - as effectivley they could potentially predominantly be living with one of the other.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I'm not sure they ask themselves whether they would like a lab or poodle - as effectivley they could potentially predominantly be living with one of the other.
I didn't want a Lab or a Springer - but I quite like the concoction I have
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >