Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
What horrible horrible people they must be. Fancy giving up an existing pet for a new one. I could never do that.
I agree steve ,its dispicable, how they can live with themselves xxdk
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
What horrible horrible people they must be. Fancy giving up an existing pet for a new one. I could never do that.
Nor me, when we got skye she and star did not get on but never once crossed my mind to get rid once. I can never get my head round it how someone who has had a pet for so long just throw it out like an old tv(not that I do that, tvs from years in every room)
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:45 PM
That is so so sad, i really hope he finds his forever home soon! He really does look like he belongs in front of a fire doesn't he? x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Heartbreaking going to these places isn't it, I've always left in tears myself! He'll find a home don't you worry about it. A friend of mine ONLY takes in old rescue dogs, usually labs, so I'm sure there's lots of people like her up in your area who will take him on. Don't even think about it yourself, this would not be a dog for you, he needs a one to one in a dog free home and he'll get it, sooner rather than later I hope.xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 07:23 PM
I can't go into rescuse centers for this very reason. Breaks my heart to pieces that they are there and there is nothing I can do for them I'd have them all if only I could.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Here is the contact for Norther Ireland Boxer Rescue, perhaps they could help.

Northern Ireland Boxer Rescue
Jacqui Tanner
Northern Ireland
028 9269 8320

Covers: N Ireland

He looks a lovely old chap, he deserves another home.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 08:22 PM
poor man.. Ive heard and seen adverts only too often for older dogs due to puppies not getting along with them. When we got Willow, Flower still came first, luckily they get on like a house on fire (until Willow steals her chews...)!

I really hope he finds a warm fire soon...please keep us posted. xxxx
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2007, 08:28 PM
awww, that's terrible to hear, such a sweet face he has. It's good that they at least thought to find out before you took him home and found out the hard way! I've seen some shelters just adopt out to anyone, just to get empty cages because they have so many animals coming in, far more than going out (that's a shame in itself!!!) I don't think these shelters realize that they are just defeating the purpose, and the one that always loses is the dog. It's a tough decision some time. I work at a shelter at least once a week and it's SOOO hard not to take each and every one of them home, those faces will kill you. But you just have to hope that some loving person will come in and take him. He looks like such a sweetheart, I'm sure he will make a good home for someone...his soul mate is out there somewhere!!!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-10-2007, 10:11 PM
He is al lovely old boy DK and he is pulling on my heart strings too. How can people be so thoughtless and cruel as to replace a lovely old man like him with a puppy. Makes me so mad and so very sad.

Having said that I am sure there will be a right home out there for him. Just hope it comes soon. He deserves it. Do keep us posted if you hear anything from the centre.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Heartbreaking going to these places isn't it, I've always left in tears myself! He'll find a home don't you worry about it. A friend of mine ONLY takes in old rescue dogs, usually labs, so I'm sure there's lots of people like her up in your area who will take him on. Don't even think about it yourself, this would not be a dog for you, he needs a one to one in a dog free home and he'll get it, sooner rather than later I hope.xx
Thankyou helena , i have been so worried ,andcant stop thinking of the poor old gent ,i to truly hope he gets his forever home in front of a nice warm fire soon xdk
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >