Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 08:32 PM

Finty - my mums dog needs re-homed

Finty is my mums gorgeous little Cairn Terrier, she has been with her for about 3-4yrs now, but was a previous rescue. Because of this we're not too sure how old she is, we think about 10-12yrs old.

It is very sad but because my Mums health has deteriorated over the last year (she is yet again hospitalized, fourth time this year ) - Finty is going to have to be found another home.

She is such a character, very bright and alert and although she is an OAP she is very sprightly and loves her walks. Being typical terrier she has not the best re-call!! So she is walked on a long-line, my Mum only let her off-lead once and she took off and took ages to get back, despite my efforts to re-train her some old dogs really cannot (or do not wish to) learn new tricks

If it were just a case of having another dog in the house either myself or my sister would have her, unfortunately though we both already have a dog and Finty can be aggressive with other dogs (NOT humans) particularly when food is near (could be past experience we know nothing about her past) so it is paramount she goes to a home where she would be only dog and be spoiled rotten.:smt001

Finty is currently at a local boarding kennels, the lady there has some contacts and someone has said they may be interested and are going to visit this weekend, but I want to put as many 'feelers' out as possible as I do not want her languishing in kennels any longer than necessary, she has already had two homes in her life and been in and out of boarding kennels due to my mums hospital stays this year and i feel so sorry for her.

Please if anyone knows of a suitable home that could help I would be very much interested to hear from them. We live in West Cumbria.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh what a shame, I hope you find something suitable soon for her. Fingers and paws crossed xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I too hope you find a nice home soon for little Finty. Sorry to hear about your Mum being back in hospital. Comforting cuddles.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Have you contacted Cairn Terrier Rescue or the Cinnamon Trust?
Becky
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 10:47 PM
It's definately worth trying to contact the Cinamon Trust.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your mum is poorly, and I hope Finty manages to find another lovely home for her twilight years. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
That's very sad Anne-Marie. I hope Finty gets rehomed quickly and mum recovers soon. Big hug honey xox
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone, no I haven't contacted the Cinnamon Trust yet.

It has all happened very suddenly, until now my Mum has refused to acknowledge that Finty needs re-homed, she only decided on Tuesday this week to let her go.

I will keep you updated and thanks for your well-wishes, it means so much :smt049
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Hoping Finty finds a new home soon and wishing your Mum well,what a horrible decision to have to make.
Sprocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
have you tried posting her on www.dogpages.org.uk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >