Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Aww thanks Foxy, you say all the right things What am I like my OH thinks I'm insane, I just cant help but worry!

Last time he was at the vets, he had been poisend by some catepilars, the vet wanted to keep him in but he was a nightmare aparently, so she rang me to come and get him as he was so stressed that she felt he would be better off at home She also gave me a telling off So here I am again worrying!
Well I was exactly the same when Benji was castrated at 7 months - everytime the phone rang I felt sick in case it was bad news Benji had to spend the night at the vets a few months ago so he could have an ear scrape first thing in the morning because we couldn't get him there that early so the vet kept him overnight - bet no-one at the vets got a peaceful night THAT night He gets really worked up when I leave him - when I come back from school he is all wet round the mouth and panting like mad and I'm only out of the house for 25 mins
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
its the waiting feeling ...he will soon be home snug on the sofa feeling sorry for himself with a little bell so you can cater his every need
Tee hee A bell - now that's a good idea, I'll just pop out and buy him one. On second thoughts, better not the vet might ring!

Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Oh dear what a worry, hope Oz is ok He'll probably be quite bitter with you when he comes out though
Yep, probably - I can cope with that I think, just want him back home!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Tee hee A bell - now that's a good idea, I'll just pop out and buy him one. On second thoughts, better not the vet might ring!

Yep, probably - I can cope with that I think, just want him back home!
No if he's anything like Benji he will be that pleased to see you he will forgive you for anything
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Understand just how you feel, no good saying dont worry cos you wont relax till Ozzie back home with you then you will totally relax and feel exhausted, will be thinking of you, not much longer, watch tv something you can concentrate on or go make a special meal for later on when you feel like eating, xx lets us know how you are later x
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by petebren View Post
watch tv something you can concentrate on or go make a special meal for later on when you feel like eating, xx lets us know how you are later x
Ha Ha been on here most of the day, other than a bit of housework. Nothing good on the telly. Have allready done some cooking - A breast of chicken and boiled brown rice for Ozzie's evening meal. Don't do any other cooking [live on takeaways]

My OH says that's about right!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Hope all goes well for Ozzy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Have you got him back yet Shaza?
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Have you got him back yet Shaza?
Yes Foxy, and I feel even worse now! He looks so sorry for himself. Vet said she couldn't get him to drink anything He won't walk anywhere with the lampshade on! He is at the moment laying in the lounge whimpering - I am feeling just terrible!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Yes Foxy, and I feel even worse now! He looks so sorry for himself. Vet said she couldn't get him to drink anything He won't walk anywhere with the lampshade on! He is at the moment laying in the lounge whimpering - I am feeling just terrible!
Awww they are all like that at first - I would take the lampshade off and watch him because I took Benjis off when he got home and he never bothered and a lot of vets don't even bother putting them on in the first place - my GSD never had one on when he was done and we have had about 4 bitches spayed and none of them had a lampshade. Perhaps he will drink if you take it off - they sometimes find it very difficult to drink with it on.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Awww, yes I shall give that a try, vet told me not to take it off - but I can't leave him like this.

Thanks Foxy!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >