Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 10:32 AM

Ozzie in the vets today!

Sat here worrying about Oz, he's gone in for castration today! I felt awful leaving him there, was hoping I could pick him up at lunchtime, but vet told me to ring at 5pm, god I'm a bag of nerves.

Mind you the vet did say that it depended on how stressed he was she might have to ring me early.

I asked about disolvable stitches and she said that they are on the inside but not on the outside Why can't they be disolvable on the outside too.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh poor you and poor little Oz. It is a very routine op and I am sure he will be absolutely fine. I know that doesn't stop you worrying about your little man. Let us know how he is later
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 10:43 AM
aww i hope he feels alright late on and that you can have your babe back home with you
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Awww he'll be fine Shaza don't worry Benji went in first thing in the morning and it was after 4 when they rang me to say he was ready to pick up - at least that way they are properly round from the anaestetic and at least the vet gets to keep an eye on them to make sure they recover properly. When we had our GSD castrated we took him in at 3 and got him back for 5.30 and it was hell - he was absolutely out of it and he couldn't stand up and it really upset me - he was really groggy all night and I stayed downstairs with him because he couldn't even get up for a drink of water at first - god knows why the vet let them home in that condition (its not the vet we go to now - it was another one that has since been struck off )
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Awww thanks Can't help but worry can you. I was a bit put out when I signed the consent form when the vet said something about the anesthetic, I did hesitate.

Well, Molly the dog from next door has just wandered in, she has plonked herself under the desk in the footwell as if to say I'll keep you company as Ozzie isn't here! How odd is that
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Ozzie will be fine

{{{hugs}}} to you x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Awww thanks Can't help but worry can you. I was a bit put out when I signed the consent form when the vet said something about the anesthetic, I did hesitate.

Well, Molly the dog from next door has just wandered in, she has plonked herself under the desk in the footwell as if to say I'll keep you company as Ozzie isn't here! How odd is that
Aww thats lovely that Molly is keeping you company - just hope she doesn't get her paws TOO firmly under the desk
Yes it is hard when you have to sign that consent form isn't it - even doing it for the rabbit when he was neutered I felt bad

He'll soon be back with you now - not long to go
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Aww thanks Foxy, you say all the right things What am I like my OH thinks I'm insane, I just cant help but worry!

Last time he was at the vets, he had been poisend by some catepilars, the vet wanted to keep him in but he was a nightmare aparently, so she rang me to come and get him as he was so stressed that she felt he would be better off at home She also gave me a telling off So here I am again worrying!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
its the waiting feeling ...he will soon be home snug on the sofa feeling sorry for himself with a little bell so you can cater his every need
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh dear what a worry, hope Oz is ok He'll probably be quite bitter with you when he comes out though
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >