Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Believe me if I had the space I would!!! Hows Benji with being left on his own?
Oh he hates it - but he doesnt howl or anything - just stresses quietly and gets all wet round the mouth He doesn't destroy anything though. I left him about 3 1/2 hours last week on his own and he was fine and got very excited when we came back
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 06:22 PM
sorry missed your post!

I think you should try again with the crate, it is for her saftey after all, she is still very young to have all this responsibility. I crated my husky x until she was 6 months and she has never chewed a thing, pretty good for such a dog! Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard! Once they get into the idea of not chewing (or never start it) then you can say she is 'mature' enough to be left.
My sister also has a roxy and she loves her crate, in fact she cries for it if she takes it away, it's her den away from the world. Lots of dogs like to have their own 'space'.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi Jess, to be honest theres nothing Roxy can really hurt herself on here, I have really gone out of my way to make sure EVERYTHING is up and out the way, but its just like my OH to leave his trainers out , must have missed it on my way out. They arn't really damaged, just sucked to death

And to be honest, apart from clothing, she does not touch anything else. Im just worried becasue we used to confine her just to the bedroom and she pulled everything over, but when she has got the house she feels more comfortable? I dont think she is a fan of being confined.

What at did you give your husky the run of the house? Roxy is now 8 months and I'm pretty proud of her
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
How was she this afty? Did she bark or did the walk by yourself and your neighbour wear her out so that she slept till you came home.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
She was on and off again apparently

She was asleep when I came in today though
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
See............. told ya she'd be fine.................
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Update

Found out this morning, my neighbour came round to walk Roxy, had just about got out the front door with Rox on lead when 'the force of Roxy' sent her head over heels in a load of mud

I dont think she appreciated how strong Roxy really is, I did apologise lots... Roxy can be very forceful when she is wound up/excited, and she put her on a Flexi lead too, so no wonder Roxy sent her flying
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Update

Found out this morning, my neighbour came round to walk Roxy, had just about got out the front door with Rox on lead when 'the force of Roxy' sent her head over heels in a load of mud
OMG poor woman, hope she's OK now. So is Roxy on his own today?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Update

I dont think she appreciated how strong Roxy really is, I did apologise lots... Roxy can be very forceful when she is wound up/excited, and she put her on a Flexi lead too, so no wonder Roxy sent her flying
Oh dear Well she is a big dog and I know how strong large dogs can be when they want to be Hope your neighbour is okay now Dobie and hope she wasn't hurt.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 11:55 AM
She said she was ok, and sort of laughed about it, but I did warn her Roxy is getting strong and has almost sent me flying on a few occasions.

She is on her own again today, and talk about a welcome!

In fact as I sit here she is attempting to sit on my lap I can hardly see the screen!

oh im not looking forward to leaving her again in half an hour Think this has been the hardest week of my life! lol
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >