Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-09-2006, 09:35 AM

Should all DEVIL dogs be out down?

Here we go the bandwagon is rolling!!

The head line in todays Daily Star reads "It took an axe to save my lad from hell dog".

Pictures shows a poor liittle lad who has been another recent victim of a dog attack. This time it was a Staffy. The lads mum states that the lad was out playing with 3 friends when the Staffordshire bull terrier which had known the children since it was a puppy- struck.

She goes on to say that she heard him screaming and she knew something was wrong. She looked out the window and saw the dog with its paws on his shoulders. She ends up running out and grabbing the dog which was by now bitting the boys leg. A neighbour found an Axe which he used to beat off the mad beast.

The paper then go on with 3 more short snips of another attacks, one by a Staffy, One by and Irish Staffy cross and Another by a Rottie.

Yep, I know dog bites are bad and as we know from recent events they can be fatal. But there is nothing in the report about, why the 5 year old boys mum had allowed him to be outside unsupervised with his 3 freinds and the dog, what were the events leading up to the attack and who or where the dogs owners where and why the dog was not with these so called responsible owners!.
I might be wrong but I think that these missed facts are the main reasons that this incident occurred.

Then to top it off. there is a phone in vote - Are you ready? It asks -
" Should all devil dogs be put down yes or no"????????

This in its self really annoys me not to mention that the only reason this story is in a national paper is because of what happened to little Cadey-lee and they know they can make money off it. Just like the phone in. They don`t give a toss. They just know that each time someone phones or texts they will make more millions.

Rant over, but I don`t feel any better for it.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:40 AM
That is just disgusting...whoever wrote it should be ashamed of their own intellect.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2006, 09:43 AM
This is so tragic,but I agree with you what are these Children doing unsupervised with Dogs,and not even their own dogs (that would be bad enough) so the Children end up suffering and the dogs because of irresponsible Adults.We have some Children near us who take their dog out on their own,OES,it is very well behaved and docile but what if another dog attacked those Children could get caught up in the middle of a nasty fight & traumatised to see their dog set upon.Or as my Hubbie pointed out what if someone tried to steal the dog.I think the law should be no children under say 15 allowed to be in charge of dogs for their own safety.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:44 AM
See that kind of reporting...if that's what you can call it, is what's damaging to the breeds

My children are 7 & 6 and are not allowed outside the gate let alone allowed to play in the street unsupervised and at 5!!!!!!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:46 AM
That is disgusting, when will this let up?

Come on I think we've had our beating now Media annoys me!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:51 AM
the Daily Star is a trashy paper any way, worse than the sun so headlines like this is the only sort of irresponsible clap trap that they can produce.

i agree there should be a law regarding children walking dogs on their own. most dont understand dogs and wouldn't cope with any incidents if they happened.
paulabgv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:59 AM
It's this type of media reporting that causes panic.
I know it's horrific when a dog attacks a child or for that matter an adult, but reports such as these make it worse for the responsible dog owning people and worse for the animal rescue centres as well.

We had to go to the vets yesterday and in the waiting room was a man with a gorgeous, huge staffy, which was rolling on the floor having his belly tickled.
Now a lady came in with a child and said to her "don't sit by that dog, sit by the puppy" The puppy people were us and i was disgusted i felt like telling the woman "if you don't want your child by dogs, don't bring her to the vets!" Dunno what pet they had as there was none with them. She then asked me "does your puppy bite?" I replied (because i was annoyed) "well she has got teeth"
She was called into another room and the staffy man said he's had to put up with more than that in the last couple of days, and it didn't help that the newspapers were having a field day.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I am just so sick of the media's witch hunt against certain breeds of dogs ,its the same with any story they can get people to panic about eg. We're all going to die with the flesh eating super bug - Sars will wipe out 10000's of people - Bird flu is going to kill half the country - Devil dogs will kill our innocent children bla bla bla...
They never seem to say much about nice stories
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:35 AM
It's all about sensationalism - it's what makes people want to buy the paper again and again. It's only crap papers like the Sun and the Star that use these tactics to get people to buy their papers. If people thought twice and questioned the actual content, there wouldn't be all this uproar.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi Minter The answer is don't buy/read/support tabloid newspapers they are full of rubbish
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >