View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-01-2009, 02:58 PM

Want to help with the Dogsey Virtual Show?

Hi All!

If anyone is interested in helping with the virtual show, please say so in this thread

Hali will be in charge of organising a team and will refer back to me with changes etc.

The reason we are compiling a team is because we don't think it's fair on Patch, as her absence may be her way of saying she no longer wants to do it - and this way if she does decide to come back to it she'll have lots of helpers!

Please note this thread is for those interested in helping only - not for discussion about whether we should or shouldn't wait. Thanks!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Despite being relatively new to the forum i'd be happy to help out. I wouldn't want to run but don't mind helping out.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't think that's fair on Patch tbh - her absence may be a hint that she no longer wants to do it or has the time to do it, so it's only fair we do our bit to take the pressure of her.

If anyone is happy to try and start a new Virtual Show just let me know, and we'll see if we can start putting a team together.
OK, well I think we would need:

Someone to decide which classes are run and when.
largely I would have thought we could follow the classes from previous years, but any suggestions on new classes would be good .

Collators and judges
as before - no real change to these roles

Someone to organise the collators and judges
needs to be tied in with the classes so that volunteers don't have to miss classes they would want to enter

Someone to get the results off the judges, prepare the 'rossettes' and post up the placings.
We might need someone who is artistic to create the rossettes in the first place, but they needn't be the one who prepares them all afterwards, as long as they can provide a template for other people to use.

Someone to help new collators/judges until they get more used to it
I would think that most of those who have collated before could do this

Someone to decide on rules and to make a decision re any 'disputes'
most of the 'rules' are set out in the FAQ section, but it would be useful if there was someone to go to for a 'final decision'.

I'd be happy to undertake any of these (or more than one)with the exception of the last - I hate having to make decisions

Have I missed anything?
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I can help, give me a job tell me how and what to do and I will do it....hopefully x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I'll help........................gi-me a job hun