Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:25 PM

Yippee! M&S found today!

I thought there was only one M&S in Ireland, in Dublin, but at Drogheda today where I was with a couple of friends, we found another!!!
There are many foods that you simply don't see in Ireland, such as scotch eggs, pork pies, in fact most kinds of pastries are sadly lacking. As I have been denied for nearly three years, we went into the food bit and raced around like kids in a toyshop.
Hmmmmm..... lots of treats and €40 poorer, I have been picking ever since I got home! There is nothing like the first bite of a pork pie when you haven't been able to get one for years, now I know what the first cigarette of the day feels like to smokers!
Can you get addicted to pork pies?
A perfect end to a perfect day (see blogs)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 05:51 AM
I know exactly where you're coming from re M&S pork pies, Gill. I bought one yesterday, and scoffed it as soon as I got into the office. The crust was superb, and the whole thing deliciously mouthwatering! Mmmmmmm
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Mmmmm pork pie and some piccalli, yum yum.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I love the M&S sultana cookies, could sit and eat a whole packet in one go , unfortunatly they're not dairy free so I can't have them anymore sounds like you had fun
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I love the M&S sultana cookies, could sit and eat a whole packet in one go , unfortunatly they're not dairy free so I can't have them anymore sounds like you had fun
Do you mean the butter sultana cookies?

They only mean one thing to me.

I used to care for a 98 year old gentleman, Freddie, who lived alone and used a wheelchair, pushing himself round by his feet. He loved those cookies but couldn't manage the sultanas so they'd end up on his kitchen floor.
Every Friday I mopped the floor, after scraping squished sultanas off it... and off the wheels of his wheelchair.... and the soles of his slippers lol.

Happy memories when I think of those cookies
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Do you mean the butter sultana cookies?

They sound like the ones, my mouths water just thinking about them