View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 07:35 PM
my proudest moment was when jake met a boxer who hated dogs coz she was attacked as a pup. it wasnt long before jake had her playing and the two of them were licking each other. jake came home a very slobbery dog but i was very proud of my boy, he is a special doggy
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
my proudest moment was when jake met a boxer who hated dogs coz she was attacked as a pup. it wasnt long before jake had her playing and the two of them were licking each other. jake came home a very slobbery dog but i was very proud of my boy, he is a special doggy
Good boy! who needs Ceaser Milan?!

I honestly don't have a 'proudest moment' yet I adore Werm so much she only has to look at me and I feel proud!! How sad is that!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Good boy! who needs Ceaser Milan?!

I honestly don't have a 'proudest moment' yet I adore Werm so much she only has to look at me and I feel proud!! How sad is that!!!
jake is a good boy my friend calls him 'magic dog' coz he can cheer her up in seconds, so whenever she needs cheering up, guess where she is...

aw, werm will soon give you proud moments. jakes only 7 months and i have quite a few with him ... although most of them are to do with aggressive or scared dogs lol...
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I was very proud but in s show off kinda way yesterday- we were on a walk when a woman actually pulled over, stopped her car and crossed the road to tell me she thought Werm was the cutest dog she had ever seen and 'beautiful'
Is funny as personally I think Werm is so weird looking that she is beautiful....
Anyway it did make me proud of her- even if for the wrong reasons (like being cute!)!!

Jake sounds like a real tonic too-its amazing how animals can make the worst days smile!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 04:09 PM
My proudest moments are when we walk past a dog whilst my two are on lead and they don't bark
TashaSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:43 PM
When my little lab baby walked down the stairs after 4 months of encouragement!
And when my little scruffy pup won 2nd scruffiest dog against stiff competition!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 12:51 PM
There have been many moments when i've been proud of Flynn...When he gained third in a working test, when he's been in the top 3 in gundog scurries, when he's won BIS at companion dog shows. He also makes me very proud simply when we train and I always think "he'll never do this" and then he does.

My proudest moment with Jessie is when she broke her toe and then had severe pressure sores. She had to go back to the vets at least weekly yet never once complained about her discomfort and simply lay still and let the VN's do whatever they needed to do despite her pain. The people who dealt with her all said the same thing..."She's sooooooo good, such a sweetheart".

Jed is a difficult one! He's more or less a law unto himself so I guess i'm always proud when he does as he's told, first time!

What does make me proud is when we attend any doggy events. A good deal of dogs are either lunging on the ends of their leads at other dogs, barking incessantly or generally being a bit wild. My 3 are always calm, ignore other dogs and people and take everything in their stride. Their behaviour is quite impeccable compared to alot of dogs at such events.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Too many with Muffin I cant even think of 1 in particular. 1st for Best Veteran, Special Reserve passing her good citizens, managing to do agilitly when everyone said she was too old to do it. Just being here, shes had such a hard life, im proud of the dog she has become.

Im proud of Totts constantly at the moment. The first time she slept lying down, the first time she cuddled into my sister, the first time she showed those big ears and waggy tail to my friends, when she passed her good citizens. Most proud of all when we reached the summit of Ben Nevis.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I think one of them would have to be when I was asked to take part in a judging day for judges being evaluated for the Kennel Club "Good Citizen" dog award scheme. It was the judges being evaluated not the dogs we bought.

Along with some other owners and dogs I was in a ring doing some heelwork with Parker and as we went out of the ring the judge said "Lovely working dog you have there"

Parker also got his 4th Best in Show award last month and the judge said it was because of his movement, nice temperament and the bond between dog and owner (aah!)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 08:30 AM
As I last posted on this thead in 2007 - I would like to say with Marius, my proudest moments are when he shows just what a gentle giant he truly is. When I see him get on the floor with small dogs and play so softly with them, I am the proudest person on earth.

He fills me with pride all the time - to watch him with Lola is a joy
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >