Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Proudest moments - what's yours?

What are your most proudest moments with your dog?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-05-2007, 07:56 PM
One of mine was the other day, when Rocky was playing with two other dogs. One of them (the pup) ran down the path and towards the road and the other two followed! All three of us owners called our dogs and Rocky was the only one that turned back (just before the end of the path) and came running back! The other two were in the road and came back shortly afterwards - luckily no cars as it wasn't a busy road.

But I felt really proud that my boy listened

(I won't rest on my laurels tho, I'm sure it was just a fluke )
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 07:58 PM
The first time Cassie came running back to us on the beach with her ears flapping and her tongue hanging out and dropped her ball at our feet! So proud of herself
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Winning BRIS & Special Yearling with Brodie.
Delivering her first litter was the best feeling. Fell in love with Tikaani from week 2, couldnt let him go.
But I must say to be proud every day Im out with them, its not often I dont get stopped and commented on how beautiful they are.
Barney however made me proud trying to recover from losing his leg to cancer, I wont forget his fight as I fought back with him. We made a year out of adversity and he died a giant.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 08:46 PM
First proud moment was when I achieved a beautiful recall from both my boys

and today when both of them swam in the sea together - it put tears in my eyes
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I'd like to say the day my dog ignored the plate of biscuits left unguarded on the coffe table but I would be fantasising :smt001 so probably on all the occasions when she has shown an extra gentleness of nature when in contact with the very young or the infirm.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 09:21 PM
When I folded up Lola's night time crate and let her sleep "loose".. (after spending 8 months in rescue!)

This morning when I left Lola and Cruiser in the kitchen for 2hrs and came back to..... nothing.. they had been great..

Seiko being a gentle giant with the pups when we knew he would be
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Every time i have a hard day or something is getting too much i look at my little girl and everything seems so insignificant. She makes me proud ALL the time
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I am proud of mine just for being loveable loons. But on another note I was especially proud of Storm and Jake when they stopped a scumbag breaking in, and after they had a tase of him and chased him off they just stayed at the front of the house untill I got back..
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 11:40 AM
What a lovely thread Azz.
I have so many moments, I could go on forever (no change there then!)

Here goes...
With Mo, I'm just generally so proud of his behaviour and recall, he is really well behaved and a delight. A friend of my son's if scared of dogs, but our Mo is so gentle, this child walked him on the lead (under VERY strict supervision...ie, he didn't know I still had hold of the end of it!) and was more proud of himself than any child I've ever seen. He just wanted to show his mum, Mo didn't even notice, but since their outing, this child is no longer scared of dogs.

Biffters... I am incredibly proud of his behaviour too, but I am especially proud of the way he has coped, at a fairly old age, with the loss of sight in one eye. You wouldn't know. He's amazing.

As for all our puppies.
NOTHING in this world can beat the pride we feel about them, from the trainers praising the level of their obedience when they first leave us, to the moment when we get the call to tell us they have 'graduated' and are officially Guide Dogs. It is amazing. My proudest moment has to be when I first saw our first pup, 'guiding'....i'm welling up now just thinking about it. Honestly, it's a feeling that nothing can beat. They are incredible dogs and I am so proud of them.

I'll stop gushing now...suffice to say, I feel proud of my dogs every day...proud and so thankful for them.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »