Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
some of it is weird.

ive been to some dog shows and have found bullmastiffs in working and pastoral groups - surely they are either one or the other?

would make it easier if they were uniform and didnt have cross overs
?????????????????

Bullmastiffs have been always been in the working group, they remained in the Working Group after the Pastoral Group was set up to split the old Working group. You will see them at The National Working & Pastoral show as all the breeds in the two groups can enter.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Aren't Spitz and Nordic/northern breeds the same?

Or am I confusing them
Basenjis are Spitz (and also hound) they aren't a Northern Breed, it's more pointy ears, curly tail, Poms are also Spitz among others.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
?????????????????

Bullmastiffs have been always been in the working group, they remained in the Working Group after the Pastoral Group was set up to split the old Working group. You will see them at The National Working & Pastoral show as all the breeds in the two groups can enter.
that has gone so over my head. im not very up on dog shows, was going with a friend who has bullmastiffs she shows. one week we would be in working then in pastoral the next. I always presumed the 2 groups were very different, and found it strange. but like i said i dont know anything about this side of the dog world. was just something i remembered finding weird
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
that has gone so over my head. im not very up on dog shows, was going with a friend who has bullmastiffs she shows. one week we would be in working then in pastoral the next. I always presumed the 2 groups were very different, and found it strange. but like i said i dont know anything about this side of the dog world. was just something i remembered finding weird
Bullmastiffs cannot be shown in Pastoral classes only their own breed classes, working classes, any variety classes that all breeds can enter or Bullbreed classes. Simple as that really
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys - added Bull Breeds and Spitz to the list, anyone think of any more that might be worth adding?

Ps I added Cross breed too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Never heard of Spitz before.

My classifications:
Pet Dogs
Working Dogs
Guard Dogs
Stray Dogs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2