Female 

02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
My gwp is 6 and still hasn't lol

Helen
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Raina still is a big puppy but she phyically matured when she hit about 2, i havent noticed much of a chance since then.

Ela seems to have suddenly matured and changed over th last 6 months so i would say when she was about 3 1/2
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm still waiting for the Tibetan Mastiff to grow up and he's 7 years old! He entered his second puppyhood when I got the Bearcoat, which was bad news as he never left his first one.

He cocked his leg when he was about 9 months old, though he only does it if he's peeing where some other male has or in front of another dog. If he's having a pee because he needs one, he leans forward ever so slightly so he doesn't pee on his feet and pees like a horse. He was 5 when he decided that he was a 'man' and went mad over an in season bitch locally - resulted in a trip to the plum fairy for him. He's been mostly the finished article from being about 2 years old, but he's always got something he can pull out of the bag to make me doubt he'll ever grow up.

The Bearcoat is 20 months old and is still the same baby I got when she was 7 months old. I do wish she hadn't been spayed at 6 months old as she could have done with reaching sexual maturity first to help steady her a little. Mind you, shar-pei are usually complete loons up until their dying day. Going blind when she was 8 years old didn't even slow my first shar-pei down.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Having had the benefit of being around my dogs 24/7 I can say with more or less certainty ...

GSDs - about 18 months.
CKCS - about 4 years
Minpin - about 2 years.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
my dogos mature at 3 ish,physicaly,mentaly?somewhere around 4.there a very confident dog and its not very often they will show you a playfull side,they seem to be seriouse and always on the job,if there not sleeping!the pits are just the opisite
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Dex my Lab changed a lot and matured from the age of 3.

Tilly my Yorkie matured very very quickly. She was telling Bo off at 12 weeks of age and was 'serious' by 6 months of age, easily. In fact, she was probably born serious!

Bo is 3 in a week and still very immature, hyper and puppy like. In the last year she has got SLIGHTLY better in the house (calmer and quicker to settle) but outside she is absolutely bonkers, running around like a headless chicken. I do not anticipate her maturing any time soon, if ever.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
My TT's are 15months ..... so I'm still waiting patiently.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Molly had her 12th Birthday last week, and it's only recently that she has started to give me 'the look' whilst out walking........

"Look at them idiots over there" whilst she is walking off lead right by my side

Mindy is almost two, and is behaving like one of those idiots Plenty of time for her to grow up yet........
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Honey, basically dead on the time she turned four. And Diesel, well he started going grey at four, but he's turning six next month, and will still have changes in his temperment, he will seem lik he is starting to mature, but then will go back to being the lovable idiot.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
For the last two dogs - it was around 4 yrs old with the CKCS - although she retained the sweet puppy nature all her life.

With the Ayatollah Bella the Min Pin - I really have noticed her change (or mature) just recently - at 2 yrs and a bit.

And funny, the boarding kennel owner where she stays said the same thing to me when I collected her at Easter - she said Bella is not so avidly interested in all the other dogs all the time now, she is more interested in the PEOPLE. I told her I'd noticed that too when out on her walks - she tends to stick by me more and approach the owners more than the dogs now and asked her what she thought was the reason.

She just said 'she is growing up'.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >