Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Murphy is 5 and still isn't there...

Max started to be more consistent and 'calmer' (as applied to Boxers) about a year ago... and he is 6 now....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Skye had hers forced on her she was always a playful type till she got attacked on a walk at the age of 3 then literally over night she changed and when we go out she stays very close to us.
She is really a very sensible girl now (now 7) we don't know we have her TBH.

Bruce hit maturity at 5 yrs but his personality now is so different to the girls, he watches them like a hawk when we are out always guiding them in a bunch taking lead, always looking back, fetching them 'away' from stuff....he wears me out just watching him. He's turned into a real protector of the pack and in the house he is the one who barks if anyone comes to the door or back gate, his bark is very deep too.

Mojo was born with a old head on her shoulders, she's only 18 months but going on 18 years with her wisedom.

And Tess(2)...........she'll never grown up she's been dobbed with the Peter Pan brush Live for today sod tomorrow
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Well, Spaniel and Collie at around 6 and rising 10...are quite well matured. Both have silly moments/zoomies. But very calm otherwise

As for Brindle striped muppet, she is trying to get the cat to play with her, as the other two told her to sod off (she must be at least 8/9)

Must admit tho, her silliness and big norty streak make me love her all the more
Jenkel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Well, Jena (NI) turned a corner and settled down around 18mths, but Kel 3yrs I'm still waiting, but they do say boys mature slower than the girls!

julie
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Henry will be 3 years old this month and, over the last 6 months or so, he has quietened down a lot at home and I have noticed that his head had broadened a fair bit.

People have taken photos of him at the championship shows and I can see a change in his overall shape and maturity between those taken at the same shows last year when I had already thought he was a mature dog.

Clive and I were only chatting about this last night and I said that Hen is now the finished article, and we couldn't be happier. He is both handsome and a joy to live with

As a rule with English Setters, I think between 2 years and 3 years they really change and suddenly develop into a mature animal without you realising
Hmmm ... the words "mature" and "English Setter" don't seem to fit easily with me!! My mum had a gorgeous Blue Belton called Sammy who was a complete and utter nutcase until the day he died! Very thick, very lovable and very gorgeous!!!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure with Gelert...he's almost two and I think we're getting there, but there's a way to go yet
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
My dogs matured around the same time as my man matured..................................as in never!!!!

Apart from Copper, who is a very serious wee dog.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Flynn has never matured, having him neutered at an early age made sure he kept his puppy like ways. But I did notice a change in him about 3 years of age when he became more manageable, seemed to stop running round like a lunatic quite so much and settled down.

Jed came out of the womb with the attitude and character of an old fart! He's never been a silly dog, always been very mature so it's difficult for me to think when he mentally became an adult.

I had Jessie as an adult rescue so I cant say.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Buffy was about 3 or 4, Biggles is a serious soul and has been from about 2. Roly who is nearly 9 is still practising and failing gloriously. Lulu is a little calmer than Jarvis who is the court Jester, they are 27months and if I am honest I dont want Jarvis to calm down, his nutty funny character is so endearing I would hate him to lose it.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 03:06 PM
They mature?? Oh looking forwards to it!

hmm actually Ben was a pretty steady wise puppy - now hes a loon, so I think like all men he is going the wrong way

Mia - shes just Mia, a boingy crazy loveable neurotic crazy lady
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >