Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Your favourite recipes? Please

We have just had our new kitchen fitted, with sparkly new appliances. Its also Ash's birthday this Sunday, so I thought I would cook something we have never had, something posh lol (cos I dont do posh much). Just to try out my new cooker.

So any ideas, just something different, we love spicy food and all meats and most veggies.

I have all neccessary pots n pans....I think
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Something that goes down well in my house, is simple to make and the kids love it

Pan of pasta, tin of chopped tomato, tin of sweetcorn and a tin of beans.

Cook the pasta, add in the bans, sweetcorn and tomato's, transfer into an oven dish and cover with cheese. Bake in the oven for half hour and serve.

Tastes lovely cold too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
How about Morocon Lamb, it's very spicy, and slow cooked in that sparkly new oven? Don't ask me how to make it though, I haven't got a clue! I'm sure you'd like it if you used some really lean lamb, maybe get a leg and chop it up so you can cut all that horrible fat off it?! There'll be recipes galore on the net for that one!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 07:47 PM
These are 2 of the OH's favourites, both lovely

James Martin - Chicken and Tarragon

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
vegetable oil
butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
55ml/2fl oz white wine
150ml/5fl oz double cream
1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method

1. Pan fry the chicken breasts in a little oil and butter.
2. Once the chicken is browned and cooked through, add the shallots and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the white wine, cream and tarragon, stirring well.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for a minute or two, adjust seasoning and serve.

NB: Taste the tarragon before adding it to the sauce, its strength varies enormously and you may need to adjust the quantity accordingly.

Nigel Slater's Sausage and mustard pasta

This recipe is so adaptable, so change the mustard and the sausage to suit your own taste; for example, if you like spicy sausages why not marry them with sweet mustard?
Ingredients

good glug of fruity olive oil
a couple of onions, peeled, sliced
a couple of spilling handfuls of pasta, such as conchiglie
4-6 good quality sausages (preferably from your butcher)
1 small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus a little extra for serving
a dollop or so of smooth mustard, such as Dijon
a dollop or so of grainy mustard, such as wholegrain
a small pot of double cream

This is a Dig In recipe.
Method

Add the oil to a hot, shallow, large pan and fry the onions until they are very, very sweet. They want to be soft, not crisp, so put the lid on so they steam as well as fry, say a good 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions.

When the onions are caramelised, skin the sausages and rip the meat into good sized chunks and add to the onions and cook for a few minutes.

Add in the flatleaf parsley and stir in the mustards. It's up to you to add as much or as little as you like of each. A tablespoon of each is usually enough.

Stir in the cream and check the seasoning, adding more mustard if you want. Drain the pasta and add to the cream and stir well. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of chopped parsley.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
Something that goes down well in my house, is simple to make and the kids love it

Pan of pasta, tin of chopped tomato, tin of sweetcorn and a tin of beans.

Cook the pasta, add in the bans, sweetcorn and tomato's, transfer into an oven dish and cover with cheese. Bake in the oven for half hour and serve.

Tastes lovely cold too
the kids will love this thanks
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
How about Morocon Lamb, it's very spicy, and slow cooked in that sparkly new oven? Don't ask me how to make it though, I haven't got a clue! I'm sure you'd like it if you used some really lean lamb, maybe get a leg and chop it up so you can cut all that horrible fat off it?! There'll be recipes galore on the net for that one!
sounds lovely shall have a lookie see what I can find
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
These are 2 of the OH's favourites, both lovely

James Martin - Chicken and Tarragon

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
vegetable oil
butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
55ml/2fl oz white wine
150ml/5fl oz double cream
1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
Method

1. Pan fry the chicken breasts in a little oil and butter.
2. Once the chicken is browned and cooked through, add the shallots and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the white wine, cream and tarragon, stirring well.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for a minute or two, adjust seasoning and serve.

NB: Taste the tarragon before adding it to the sauce, its strength varies enormously and you may need to adjust the quantity accordingly.

Nigel Slater's Sausage and mustard pasta

This recipe is so adaptable, so change the mustard and the sausage to suit your own taste; for example, if you like spicy sausages why not marry them with sweet mustard?
Ingredients

good glug of fruity olive oil
a couple of onions, peeled, sliced
a couple of spilling handfuls of pasta, such as conchiglie
4-6 good quality sausages (preferably from your butcher)
1 small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus a little extra for serving
a dollop or so of smooth mustard, such as Dijon
a dollop or so of grainy mustard, such as wholegrain
a small pot of double cream

This is a Dig In recipe.
Method

Add the oil to a hot, shallow, large pan and fry the onions until they are very, very sweet. They want to be soft, not crisp, so put the lid on so they steam as well as fry, say a good 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions.

When the onions are caramelised, skin the sausages and rip the meat into good sized chunks and add to the onions and cook for a few minutes.

Add in the flatleaf parsley and stir in the mustards. It's up to you to add as much or as little as you like of each. A tablespoon of each is usually enough.

Stir in the cream and check the seasoning, adding more mustard if you want. Drain the pasta and add to the cream and stir well. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of chopped parsley.
wow, that sounds lovely. thanks loads xx
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:32 AM
We have spagetti and chicken

Put the spagetti in a big pan and let it boil

Fry the chicken in big pan and then add a pinch of chilli powder

Pinch turmeric

Pinch corriander

3/4 tablespoons of pasta sauce, we use various different ones

Few squirts of tomato puree past

When the chicken is almost cooked and the spagetti almost cooked add the spagetti to the chicken pan and stir it all around until everything is cooked.