View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I left home at 17/18 to escape domestic violence, made the mistake of going back for some clothes and ended up being seriously hurt and put into hospital by my brother. When I got out I bunked with friends for a while then moved in with an ex. That ended pretty badly and I spent a while on the streets which was rough. Got a fantastic Dr who helped get my head on straight and to understand my illness (PTSD), and find me a hostel space, then I got a full time job and moved into a bedsit. Moved into a house not long after, then another.

Now i've reconnected with my Mum and Grandparents and that brother is out of all our lives. In two weeks i'm moving again, and my Mum is moving in with me. Her health isn't great and I want to help out. I say her living with me as it'll be my house ie. i'll pay the bulk of the bills etc. that way I get the final say on who is and isn't allowed in the house. That part of my independance is something I would never give up - a home is only a home as long as its safe and secure. It will be nice to have a 'family' home though and my Mum and I have always gotten along well so i'm quite looking forward to it!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 10:54 PM
well my mum was moving in with her now hubby when i was 16, and i got the choice to move with her or stay in edinburgh, i chose to stay in edinburgh as that was where the rest of my family and school was, i then moved into my 2 bedroom council flat that was fine, i had a nightmare of a neighbour though he never really caused much problems just moaned at me alot about crap really ha ha, then moved into a one bedroom council flat as the maisonette i was staying in was getting knocked down and then my nana and grandad passed away so i moved to glasgow to be nearer my mum and my partner came with me.

i am now 22 and couldnt go back to living with mum unless it was ABSOLUTLY neccessary (sp)

i've got way to used to having my own space lol
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4