Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, i meant to say, that was a really nice thing of you to say last night...i don't think i am hard to understand, i am pretty straight forward, i have tried to explain that if he needs me, i am there, if he is feeling down then pick up the phone and talk to me....i know now that isn't the right thing to do, i will learn how to help him
Well Sis, what you have been doing seems (to me) to be a good thing to do, I wish you all the best in your learning, I think it may be a long journey and difficult at times, dealing with humans on an emotional level is not easy, I could not do it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2016, 12:43 PM
You are right Harvey, not easy and i spend a lot of time thinking if i have said or done the right thing. All i try to be is nice...i no longer lose my temper with him and i have decided that instead of shouting i will say nothing Lol...now that is not easy!!! especially for me, i am a real firey person and find it difficult to hold my temper and keep my gob shut!
Hi Brenda, hope you are o.k
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 01:10 PM
:m ini::min i:

SHE IS CLEAR

:m ini::min i:
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Great news June. Emails still down grr!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Yay!!!!!!! Terrific news, just shot on for a check before I leave
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Thank you for caring
Back from the shavings run, really hot here. Not to worry though, Lona was on the couch watching telly whilst I was out and I drew the curtains and opened the top window so she wasn't put out in anyway
Guess who was in the utility when I got home
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Pleased to hear the news on lona June.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Well done Lona!!!! Give her a big hug from me and the Mem, June. I both thought and hoped that all would be well, as I said the other day. Perhaps a nice celebratory lump of something bloody and gory that she could eat on the couch whilst watching her fav prog?????? LOL !
Griff - I hope that if I come back in another life as a lost kitten, stray pup or lame duck, then it's you that finds me!! I am trying not to speak out of turn (as it truly is nothing to do with me) but your derelict bus driver sounds like a lost cause to me! Hope that this doesn't offend you in any way but I think you are just simply too good for him.
Moyra - hope your Bulgarian builder gets his eastern european finger out and does a good job on your kitchen, must admit that his starting time is at best a bit odd. As long as it all turns out right in the end, tis all we mere mortals can hope for.
Good weather here today, quite a bit of sun, doggies have been swimming so are all lay outside in the sun now, taking their ease. I have a strange task to undertake - seeking out guidance in the judging of vegetables. The vegetables in question are to be shown at the local horticultural show this coming weekend and I have been invited to cast my aged eyes over the offerings. Now although I grow veg and can tell a good 'un from a bad 'un, just what is required in their judging, ref presentation etc, is all a bit unclear to me, so research will be indulged in to ensure that I do not commit any grave indiscretions or faux pas in the execution of my duties.
I strongly suspect that I have been asked to do it as there are not many folk locally who would be willing to challenge my decisions, having what could be regarded as a somewhat irrascible nature and to be honest a rather blunt way of dealing with dissenters. You would be surprised just how much the passions of the peasants can be raised by something as seemingly trivial as a fruit, flowers and veg show. A couple of years ago the police had to be called to an allotment show down in Stalybridge, where two octogenarians were trashing each others greenhouses and threatening murder and mayhem. All this was caused by a disputed decision over Dahlias!!!!!
Away now - things to do etc., take care all, bye fer now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2016, 03:16 PM
So pleased for you June so all our finger crossing and good vibes worked.

Hope all goes well Griff and your dad remembers to pick you up

I hope the late start on the kitchen Moyra is not an everyday occurrence but also hope he does a very good job once started.

Well at last Barry got the news he has always wanted - sit around all day and do nothing not even tie your own shoe laces if you have to bend down so guess I have even more to do now Hopefully next week he will given the all clear to carry on as normal!

Still very warm here but so far no rain.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Glorious afternoon here, somehow fitting for Lona to be declared fit and well on such a day.
Oh The Village Fete, a fate worse than death itself LG. Best of luck on that one, you'll need it
Looking forward to getting mine back swimming next week. Lona has her stitches out on Monday, when speaking to Neil today he told me he won't be in, but wants to see Lona the week after because they are having another look at the tissue sample, definitely no carcinoma, it seems there is a low white cell count but they can't see why. They're having another go to see what they can see. I know a high white cell count shows an infection or similar, no idea what a low count means.
Barry will be in heaven Sue, you will be at your lowest point I would imagine
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >