Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I'm Baaaack. The offending tooth has gone and I have to say this dentist was fantastic. He really helped to put me at ease and turned the radio up on my request.
I had been visibly shaking all morning, but now feel quite proud of myself for actually going through with it. I know to some of you that will sound silly but to me it really was a big deal.
I would have no hesitation in seeing that young man again and letting him take another out if it ever needs it.
I am going to take a thankyou card in to him tomorrow as he really did go out of his way to help put me at ease. It only took 15 mins from the start of the numbing process till I left his room.
Woo I done it
Well done Bev...you have every right to be proud of yourself...cheers to a happy and painfree Christmas xxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Well done Bev
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Thankyou
The numbness has worn off now and it is bladdy sore I can tell you and still managing to radiate pain to my other teeth. I'm just attempting to eat some soup without the bits getting in the socket .
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Good on you Bev that is great news, now bring on the healing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Well done Bev. Glad its over for you.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Woohoo,way to go Bev!!!

I'm so pleased for you well Done!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm Baaaack. The offending tooth has gone and I have to say this dentist was fantastic. He really helped to put me at ease and turned the radio up on my request.
I had been visibly shaking all morning, but now feel quite proud of myself for actually going through with it. I know to some of you that will sound silly but to me it really was a big deal.
I would have no hesitation in seeing that young man again and letting him take another out if it ever needs it.
I am going to take a thankyou card in to him tomorrow as he really did go out of his way to help put me at ease. It only took 15 mins from the start of the numbing process till I left his room.
Woo I done it
yay, Im so proud of you, I bet you feel 100ft tall, and like you could take on anything now I know I did,
the great thing about such a possitive experiance is it helps next time you go,
even though you will always hate the dentist, you have now crossed all hurdles and know you can do everything from a filling to an extraction....your so brave xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks everyone for your support and stories you really all helped me. I really was thrilled straight afterwards, but for some reason the rest of today I have been really tearfull, down and a right b*tch to my daughter.
I don't know why I am feeling like this, I should be over the moon its over, not crying my eyes out over every silly little thing.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Woo I done it
Well done you for being brave xx I mean it!! I've got to have 2 out in the New year & my lovely new dentist has assured me it won't hurt as they are loose - not looking forward to it though!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for your support and stories you really all helped me. I really was thrilled straight afterwards, but for some reason the rest of today I have been really tearfull, down and a right b*tch to my daughter.
I don't know why I am feeling like this, I should be over the moon its over, not crying my eyes out over every silly little thing.
It's probably delayed shock from being so anxious beforehand. Last time I had a tooth out, I was really brave in the chair etc... then cried all the way driving home, then fell into hubs arms & cried like a baby, then I went to bed & stayed there all day shaking!!! you would have thought I'd had major surgery the way I carried on, but I do get worked up beforehand!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >