Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by gooseygander View Post
This is what can happen if you trust your babies life with a pit bull mix. Will these people never learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_30EBPJtw
As always no details are given as to how it happened. Was the child left alone with the dog? Had the dog had issues with the child before? What were the circumstances surrounding the attack? I remember one "dog attack" that was a dog trying to take a baby with her like she would a pup. Horrible tragedy but not an attack and not an aggressive dog. This was obviously a horrible story but has nothing to do with breed.

Also, they're talking about killing BOTH dogs when only one dog was even involved? Who even contemplates that?

Also, here is what happens when you bring your lab to a picnic.

And here is what happens when you let your toddler play with Cattle dogs.

And omg here is what happens when you have a breed considered to be "not violent and good with chldren" like a Weimeraner.
Techie
New Member!
Male 

14-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post

All you're doing atm, is showing that pitbull type dogs have killed, which no one is denying. It doesn't prove that they're more dangerous than any other breed of dog, only that just like every other breed of dog the potential is there.
Yes agreed and thats why they are dangerous, which is the point of this thread.
The argument is not whether they are more dangerous than any other breed, "but whether pit bulls are dangerous sine die" and of course they are.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Techie View Post
Yes agreed and thats why they are dangerous, which is the point of this thread.
So then you're saying all dogs are dangerous?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:55 AM
This is what can happen if you trust your babies life with a pit bull mix. Will these people never learn.

Erm, I believe the report stated that the dog which attacked was an sbt, not the families pitbull. My lord, even the reporter managed to point out there's a difference.
Techie
New Member!
Male 

14-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ive only read this thread for the last 20 odd pages, but something strikes me with Gooseygander and Techie. Id hazzard a guess and say they were friends or the same person, but of course I have no proof of that, everything about the posts is the same.
Another pointless asinine posting. Goosey lives in Canada, and I live in the States.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Oh FFS

This is why this thread gets ridiculous, coz the anti-pitbull brigade post videos to 'prove' at point! A pomeranian killed a six week old baby, so all pomeranians are child killers too then??

The simple fact is that many breeds have attacked or killed, so posting these prove nothing.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Another pointless asinine posting. Goosey lives in Canada, and I live in the States.
Right because we can't just put anything in there.
Techie
New Member!
Male 

14-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
So then you're saying all dogs are dangerous?
Yes of course all dogs are dangerous, the only difference is to what degree their level of danger is. Pit bulls are more dangerous than Yorkies, but a Yorkshire Terrier that goes for peoples ankles is still a danger, albeit to a much smaller degree than a pit bull attempting the same thing, but the danger is there all the same.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Really? Proxy??
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes of course all dogs are dangerous, the only difference is to what degree their level of danger is. Pit bulls are more dangerous than Yorkies, but a Yorkshire Terrier that goes for peoples ankles is still a danger, albeit to a much smaller degree than a pit bull attempting the same thing, but the danger is there all the same.
And a bull mastiff is potentially more dangerous than a pitbull, based on increased size.

Which is the point really. If we accept that all dogs have the potential, then it seems illogical to target one breed over another does it not?

Its breeders and owners that need targeting, as knowingly or not, in most cases its they who create the situations in which this potential is unlocked.
Page 125 of 132 « First < 25 75 115 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 > Last »