View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Isn't it funny how some breeds just sort of creep up on you....

....in terms of really liking them, that is

One of my favourites now has to be the Flatcoated Retriever. This breed never registered on my radar but then Dexter befriended one at a local park and I got to know her. Bags of personality, clever, full of mischief - a really lovely dog.

I figured it was just this particular dog - then at Discover Dogs, I had a lovely hug from another Flatcoat

And then of course, a certain Dogsey member has posted some pics of her GORGEOUS Flatcoat girl......

Definitely now a favourite breed of mine! After GSD and Golden Ret, the Flatcoat is now my third choice when it comes to a second dog in a year!

Which breeds have crept up on you?!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 10:28 PM
When I first clapped eyes on a shar-pei I thought they were hideous and swore I'd never own one.

Then about 15 years ago one decided that I was her new pet person. Am currently on shar-pei number 4 and couldn't imagine my life without one.

How did that happen?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 10:52 PM
I had never really thought about Bernese - I had never had any dealings with one; then ten years or so ago I became friends with a lady with a puppy (it was her fifth Bernese I think) and was hooked! She sadly lost that one before the due time, but now has another..........I am in love with that one too.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I've always been a Collie person, but I met a little Border Terrier who came for training who really captured my heart, bless him and so my interest was aroused.

Little Rosie is 11 weeks old tomorrow. She came to us at a time of extreme grief and has brightened our lives so much. Just like that other little Border Terrier, she has definitely captured my heart with her funny little singing and mischievous ways.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-12-2011, 07:15 AM
GSDs....and now I have one thanks to Moobli!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post

Which breeds have crept up on you?!
The Portuguese Water Dog, it crept up from behind and knocked my flying

Never ever thought I would consider any other breed than my Boxers, but I do, and plan to own one.... but will always hopefully still have a Boxer in my life...maybe take in the oldies
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Grey faced boxers have a certain charm SB..
Tibter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
JRT's I always thought of them as snappy little dogs. Then a friend looked after two of them when their owners went on holiday. They were two lovely, bright little dogs and full of mischief. Someone arrived to visit with another JRT. It was a snappy little thing who bit people I suppose it really depends on the dog.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Weirdly enough, the Greyhound! I kinda liked them but there was a point where the breed slapped me round the face and that was it!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Grey faced boxers have a certain charm SB..
Don`t they just, they pull your heart strings
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >