Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What size?
Small 7 9.21%
Medium 13 17.11%
Large 32 42.11%
A mix of the above 24 31.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:57 AM
I put mix, as I really have a love of different breeds, which would probally range from small (JRT size) right upto Irish Wolfhound size.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm in the small range, because I'd always have jacks/parsons

But the choice is nothing to do with size, more I like their terrier spirit.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I always wanted big dogs as a child, and I'm talking Great Dane big! However, when looking for my first dog, having a small house, I decided on small but active and now I'm hooked on small dogs. Not too keen on the tinies as I think they are too small for me but lovely all the same.
Becky
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
No surprise that I like the tinies! I do, however, since joining Dogsey and hearing all about the biggies, hope to own a large breed one day (years rather than months). I have a bit of a thing for Magpye's Kismet (Huskamute) so I'd really like to think I could own one of those but I'd have to do lots of research and so on as to their suitability with the little babes. Second to that (in large breed) would be a Rottie. They are just soooooooooo cuddly and have never shown any aggression to my little'uns when I've seen them out
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
thanks guys, some really interesting thoughts on it. i personally like a mix, but i wonder, with those of you with a mix of large and small, do you ever worry about the small ones getting hurt. a friend of mine said her basset hound died when their large dog accidentally jumped on its back when playing.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
As a family we always had large dogs so it followed that I would get large dogs when I moved out. I like some smaller breeds (well medium) but would be worried about tripping over them
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
thanks guys, some really interesting thoughts on it. i personally like a mix, but i wonder, with those of you with a mix of large and small, do you ever worry about the small ones getting hurt. a friend of mine said her basset hound died when their large dog accidentally jumped on its back when playing.
Never even thought about it when I had my Boxer!
Becky
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:19 AM
I went for a mix I love all dogs and was brought up around many different breeds.
I own small breed which suits us perfect, with me being the main walker of the dogs Hubby did not want me struggling I am a pettite 4ft 10. I used to love walking my uncles irish red setter she was fantastic.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I voted big dogs as I have always loved GSDs since I was a child (read lots of Joyce Stranger books which fuelled this love) and was determined to have the breed when I could get my own dog. I love everything about them, and so there really was no other breed for me.

I also have collies which would normally come under the medium category but one of mine is as big as my GSDs! LOL! My love of collies came from visiting my grandparents farm in Ireland every summer and then becoming interested in working a sheepdog.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
It`s the breeds I love, not so much the size. One of my GSPs is small for the breed and one is big for the breed. Most of my GSDs have been on the small side, apart from one.
However, both breeds are classsed as large, so that`s what I`ve put.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >