View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tartan1314
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I have been using natures menu sachets as well as their nuggets and minced meats. Dogs seems to love them. They love the tripe best but I agree it stinks to high heaven. The white fish one isn't much better.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by tartan1314 View Post
I have been using natures menu sachets as well as their nuggets and minced meats. Dogs seems to love them. They love the tripe best but I agree it stinks to high heaven. The white fish one isn't much better.
Oh I love the smell of tripe, lovely farmyard aroma, and it's so good for the dogs.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2008, 02:17 PM
We did with our first dog but was constantly cleaning his teeth as it made them mucky...feed only dry food now and their teeth stay alot cleaner and they prefer it.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Poppy gets the occasional foil tray - Butcher's Complete Organic, with some pasta or veg. Rest of the time she's on JWB Turkey and Rice Kibble.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 09:05 AM
I am thinking of moving J onto natures menu trays...? D is on minced tripe... Jamie took one sniff and ran away!!! I was gonna put him back on it too
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 09:30 AM
We feed chappie as a bit of "topping" to the burns kibble, other tinned foods (Pedigree) have a nasty effect on them.
My old dog Joe was bought a packet of the Cesar to try and he wouldn't eat it
Fed them tripe before and I felt like :smt078
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Yep know the feeling Deacon is on minced tripe Though today Jamie ate some... so maybe he would like to try again
ANI
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
I read alot of the posts and mostly I see people feed their dogs Raw or kibble.... I feed Jamie mostly canned food, with cooked/raw meat as a treat with mixer.... Does anyone else feed canned? Also which is the best canned dog food to buy, as Pedigree does my boys guts in He adores Butchers Tripe.....
No. Have done with my past pets. Not any more. I have research commercial pet food and raw feeding for 6 years, the same time my dogs have been on raw. I will never ever feed commercial processed pet food again, kibble, canned or treats. Processed foods are not meant for our pets.

Cooking, even though it destroys the animo acids and other nutritional values, is far better than kibble or canned pet food. You only need to do some research to learn this. At least when YOU cook it, YOU know what your putting into it, where as most canned food is packed with fillers, (not to mention all the other nasties) for instance corn, which has very little nutritional value for your pet, it also is hard for your dog to digest.

To save me, let me share this article with you by Dr Jean Dodds. Jean has her own lab. CONSIDERED ONE OF THE FOREMOST EXPERTS IN PET HEALTHCARE, DR. DODDS FOCUSES ON VACCINATION PROTOCOLS, THYROID ISSUES AND NUTRITION.

[URL="http://drjeandoddspethealthresource.tumblr.com/post/28418118490/pets-react-commercial-pet-foods#.VgQnMekwzke"]

And Karen Becker is well known for her expertise..

[URL="http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/02/15/raw-meat-the-best-and-healthiest-diet-for-pet-cats-and-dogs.aspx?x_cid=youtube"]
ANI
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
We did with our first dog but was constantly cleaning his teeth as it made them mucky...feed only dry food now and their teeth stay alot cleaner and they prefer it.
Kibble doesn't clean the plaque off. Try them with a meaty raw bone.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2015, 08:24 PM
This thread is nearly eight years old.
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 >