register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Oooh Nippy that sounds nice, send a plate over for me - if there's any left that is
I do worry when things like this happen, because you get people saying to me well they should be trained, well they are, but when other dogs come running up behind them and start leaping about, well they aren't Saints, they are dogs!!!
People say I bet you can't walk all 5 at once, well I can, but its the other dogs that cause the problems, mine won't pull and walk nicely. Then you get the two or three dogs on extending leads.....who make a beeline for us. So no chance I'd ever walk them all together, except on the river when (hopefully) there are no dogs with a death wish Mabs, Kesh and Zen are fine because I have always kept them away from other dogs except at training, they have never been attacked like Cariad and Lona have been, all the time, so they don't feel they have to retaliate. They walk along good as gold, all onlead, sit when I stop to cross the road and no problem whatsoever.
Anyway my back got jerked when all this happened and it is now hurting me and had to take painkillers which is infuriating
Its not going to be cold here tonight Moyra, not even going to hit freezing, lowest is 1 degree. They've got the heatlamps on, but only on low, and they'll be switched off tomorrow morning if its not freezing!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Was supposed to go training tonight, had trouble with Kota, she kept pulling me ( my dodgy arm) then heading down the path she was pulling again so I pulled her back on a collar and lead, we set off again and she pulled again, my dad appeared and started having one, I got in the car and off we went, told Kota to sit so I could poo her harness on...i said well if you go through the windscreen not my fault...i was struggling to get her to sit still, with that, my dad said that's it he was going home. So home we came with him telling me my brother was right??? Can only imagine what that's about...i will now be back to training on the bus,1hour has now just turned into 3 1/2 again
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 08:02 PM
No idea what he's on about Griff, maybe your brother said something to him about the dogs Have you tried her on a Gentle Leader, they are better than the Halti because they don't ride up in their eyes. I always use them when I've got more than one girl out together, they can't pull you without pulling themselves. I also use a half check collar if I've got just one out, although to be honest they are so used to not being able to pull through the Gentle Leader, they don't think about it really.
Oooh dear, several cats out of the bag all at once on Corrie, Sally is not happy, and I suspect Tracey isn't going to let Carla get away with it either
Girls already in bed and not a peep
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 08:29 PM
It was a half check I had her on TW...it is such a nightmare to get out of the door for training I just chuck her half check on and pop the harness on in the car, if it weren't for the fact I was near the road I would have let the lead go....i was only just able to lift my arm to mid waist height this week, doubt I'll be doing that again this week. My brother was no doubt slagging me and my mum off as per usual, it is all he ever does
..well won't be contacting him any time soon. I can't pop anything on her face...i have tried before with her and although we started well she started pulling it off...i literally only have to go about 25ft from door to car but she pulls down that bit, she is a complete nightmare when anyone goes out the door, squealing and barking...nothing I have done stops her...tried doing treats when she is focusing on me, ignoring the behaviour and telling her to be quiet and now deags os copying her!! Will go fetch the bus timetables tomorrow as it does them both good...just can't be bothered with the stress of trying to get to the car
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Glad the girls have settled June.
Oh dear griff here's hoping you manage to get a lift to training next week the bus will be so tiring for you. Could your dad not walk her to the car if she is pulling on your bad arm.
How is he by the way has he been to see the doc or made an appointment ?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your Mum, Lynne X

It's been cold and wet here today, Meg thought it might be nice to try and get under the wire fence we have at the bottom of the garden, going to have to watch her like a hawk until we get that fence replaced. Think she fancied exploring
Have told the kids if they let her out to watch her.

Tried to change our driving license online this morning and couldn't do it, so need to get them posted off, and then the window cleaner came so I can get the insides done tomorrow.

Lizzie starts her new job tomorrow, so fingers crossed it all goes well for her. That's a long story.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Thanks Sal.
Cheeky Meg. Good luck to Lizzie tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Hi Sal, long time no see
Shame about that Griff, I get mine on a Gentle Leader the minute they start pulling, and yes they do pull them off, I loop the piece that goes around the head, through the collar, and if they get the nose piece off, I stop and put it back, once I've put it back on several times and kept the lead so they don't have the facility to do it, they usually stop. Mabs does try it every so often, and so does Zen, the other 3 don't bother anymore with it and just go with it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Ooooo Meg you Minx, don't go exploring on your own!!! hope you get your windows done
Lynn, nah... he won't do anything, likes to tell me how to handle them how to do this, how to that with them but actually do something...not a chance, when we got deags he said he would help out more...he has walked her.....once!! As for going to the dr, don't think he will bother and do you know what... i really don't care anymore, about time he started sorting his own stuff out...i am done!
it will make for a very long and tiring day and i doubt i will be able to manage every week but i will still go
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Hi all, I have done a crafty. If you scroll down on the home page of www.northlancing.org you will see a picture of my daughters pups in the USA. Hope you don't mind but it is the only way I could think of showing you, mind you they are two or three weeks older now than pic. bless them.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >