View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fey421
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2014, 03:18 AM
She was fine. She was recovering though her injuries were traumatic. She had the tubes out on Monday. On Tuesday, she wasn't breathing right. Took her back to the vet. He said her heart , lungs, etc. were fine. She began crying that night and I planned on taking her back to the vet the next morning but we lost her by 6:30 am after $1600 worth of vet care.
Thank you so much for caring. It helps a lot.
fey421
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2014, 03:21 AM
I am going to get counseling to help me get over this. The guilt doesn't let up.
Thank you for your kindness and concern. It means a lot to me.
fey421
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Thank you so much. At this point, I'm not certain which one of the new dogs did this......the pup I raised from 8 weeks or the new one.
She lived and the vet said she would survive but had breathing problems on Tuesday. Took her to the vet and he said her heart lungs, etc sounded good. She passed before I could take her back the next morning.
I think about my baby Tsi Hsi all the time.
Thank you for your support at this very difficult time.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Fey,

I am so sorry for what happened. It was terrible. I'm glad you're getting some counselling for this and I do hope it helps you-- what you've been through is extremely traumatic. Your grief is important, so don't let anyone belittle it to you. Serious here. If anyone tells you 'It's just a dog' or 'Get over it' imagine me (I'm a short lady with a buzz cut: think Tank Girl at 45) smacking the living daylights out of them, and walk away. Or smack the living daylights out of them, if you can get away with it. I'm always here for your imagination.

But you're not guilty. You weren't there. You didn't know, and could not possibly have known, what would happen. You did not kill your baby girl. You adopted a puppy, I am guessing out of love and compassion. A horrendously awful thing happened. These things do happen. I don't mean that in an 'oh well, these things happen' sense, but in a totally honest these things happen sense. They do. They just do. There are reasons, there are always reasons, but aren't there reasons for everything? We can't understand and predict everything.

What is important for you now is to come to terms with your grief. What I hope for you is to get through this with your compassion intact.

I'd advise you to avoid the breed discussions for now. They are very divisive and people tend to get a bit heated-- understandable, but not for you right now. They'll be there if and when you want them.

I wish it hadn't happened. I wish you peace.
fey421
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Thank you for your much needed support. The sad thing is that those who blame me are right.
I don't blame the younger dogs, or a breed, but myself. I shouldn't have adopted young dogs while my Pekes were alive. Also, somehow I let them be where they shouldn't have.
I am having the young dogs and one of my older ones trained by some excellent dog behaviorist. I cannot hate them for what they did as I'm not even certain which of them did it.
This is very hard to deal with and being told, after all her pain and surgery, that she would live and then losing her increased the pain.
Thank you again for your support but I am the one that you should imagine pummeling me for my stupidity.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-09-2014, 08:16 PM
It was not your stupidity because I am sure you are far from stupid.

You did not know what was going to happen so you have no reason to blame yourself or feel guilty.

We all make mistakes and that is all you did. You made a mistake letting the dogs in where they could attack your beloved Peke, but that is all it was. A mistake, not stupidity.

(((hugs)))
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Fey(( hugs))If that's what you truly believe,I really hope in time you can forgive yourself,sooner rather than later.If you feel like you need to talk about it,this is a good place.Great people on here,passionate bunch when it comes to Doglets but also brilliant at supporting each other.I hope you know that xx
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Fey,

No no no no no NOT pummelling you for stupidity! You don't even know what happened. It was a thing that happened. You know that. You can carry on that lesson.

No one is perfect. No breeder, no trainer, no behaviourist, no one. But you know who learns? Those who live through it.

So live through it. That pain will always be with you-- I know it and I bet a bunch in here will chime in in agreement.

You are the last person I can picture pummelling. You are not stupid and you are not ignorant. Maybe you should imagine the people on this forum and around you who are holding their arms around you in a hug.
fey421
New Member!
Female 

15-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Thank you so much. I'm trying to move on but then I think of something else like how my vet did not have the facilities to keep her overnight forcing me to move her around a lot. None of my animals have ever been hurt so badly that the would have required hospitalization. I am going to find a vet with a hospital. Moving a severely injured animal wasn't best for her.
Having him telling me she would make it and then having her pass was like losing her twice.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2014, 06:47 AM
That's a good idea. I hope you're never in a position where you need a hospital, but it's good to have one on hand just in case. It's good to have all your options at the ready.

Take your time. Don't feel pressured to move on at some pace that isn't yours. I may not know just how you feel but I can and do respect it. I am sending you good thoughts.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >