Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2008, 07:41 AM

The Heron came to visit.

Was walking round the field with Ollie earlier and saw a Heron which reminded me about the one last month that came to visit our roof tops.
We are only about 3 miles from the river Stort and 4-5 miles from the river Lea, and of course we have the nature reserve on our doorstep. thought you might like to share.

The Magpie was not very happy.

I love these birds, hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Great pictues.

We have loads of them (we're by the River Tweed), but never seen them on the roofs of buildings). Watching them fly always amazes me - they never look like they're going to get off the ground!

Don't know whether you've ever heard the shreaking noise they make - very scarey in the dark before you know what it is.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Great pictures and lovely birds, I just wish they would leave my fish alone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Great pictues.

We have loads of them (we're by the River Tweed), but never seen them on the roofs of buildings). Watching them fly always amazes me - they never look like they're going to get off the ground!

Don't know whether you've ever heard the shreaking noise they make - very scarey in the dark before you know what it is.
We have never had them on the roofs before either, and lived here nearly 11 years, 1st time for everything. We wonder if it was a young one and got a bit disorientated.
Never heard them screech before, or maybe I have and note known what it was, I will now.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Great pictures and lovely birds, I just wish they would leave my fish alone
Haha there is a pond next door but one, not very big, but wonder if he was up there for a birds eye view.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I think they are beautiful, there are several at Babb's Mill. So nice to see. xx Well unless they are pinching your fish..
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:51 PM
There's usually one or two around here, they are gorgeous. I usually manage to scare up one when I'm walking past the burn with Dougal. They are gorgeous and I love the photos, that wee magpie is definately not happy with that particular intruder on his roof.