Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2004, 03:36 PM

Epilepsy

In one or two posts, I've mentioned that Snorri-dog is epileptic. He's under good control (one siezure in 31 months) on a minimal dose of Phenobarbitone (15mg twice a day).

Ever since this ailment raised its ugly head (I thought he was dead!), I've done a bit of reading up on the subject.

Just thought I'd mention a support group for anyone who has a dog who is afflicted with it.....

http://www.canineepilepsysupport.co.uk

Snorri
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

18-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info and link Snorri.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Another little tip for keepers of afflicted dogs -

If your vet prescribes phenobarbitone for your little hairy friend, ask him/her for a private prescription and get it filled by a chemist. It costs half as much that way.

Up until now, we have been paying about £9 for vet-supplied phenobarb, 28 days' worth. Today, we paid £2.96 for the prescription from the vet, and just under £7 for two months' worth from Boots. Half the price.

You cannot cure epilepsy, but you can control it. An epileptic dog is not a doomed dog!

Snorri
:smt027
Emma_rocks
New Member!
Female 

13-08-2005, 02:51 PM
the other day my dog had 13 fits, so the vet put im on a trial of the tablets for 2 weeks to see if he changed, he got a bit snappy but i think that was the after affects of the tablets, so now he has got a month worth N he has 2 go bk on the 6th, he is eating a bit 2 much @ the mo, N his pumps smell really bad
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Hello Emma I am glad you have got your dog sorted out with medication now and that things start to improve...