View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 12:59 PM

What the books don't tell you about . . .

....German Shepherd's:

They are very vocal and will make their feelings known particularly if being ignored or if they feel they are being ignored.

Vocalisation can also spread to the possibility of pain and will often scream out before you accidently tread on them or before the injection comes.

They like to be physical in contact which can include a 44kg lap dog!

They believe themselves to be dainty and small therefore quite frequently remove expensive items from low shelves, as well as knocking their owners to the floor whereupon they proceed to groom them with copius amounts of saliva.

They are prone to stress about the unnecessary and known to be severly neurotic.

Please feel free to add all the stuff about your breed they don't warn you about in the books as the title says xx

DISCLAIMER we the hear mentioned all know this in no way detracts from the love we share with them xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Awwww Mutthouse...you just decribed my last pup and he was only half GSD...but he certainly had inherited his personality from his mother and his looks from his father (who was a Golden Retriver...he was like a big, black retriver...all 7 and a half stone of him!) Boy was he vocal...and LOVED to sit on your knee if you ventured too close to the floor!!!!! Bless. Still miss him but this made me smile...so Ember!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:18 PM
That couldn't be more spot on for all of the gs dogs I have owned. As for the vocal bit, I really don't think there is another breed in existence who has the ability to "sing" like the gsd's do?! What about that "last word" they always have too! Cheeky little monkeys - all of them!
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:20 PM
oooo yes Helena i forgot about the last word!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Aww yes I remember my Sabre when he was walking with my o/h and I was a bit behind pushing Rhianna in her pram when she was a baby and he hated it cos we weren't all walking together - he kept crying and making that funny sound that only GSD's can do If we were all out he liked us all walking together with no space between us He was a brilliant dog though - my only dislike of him was his hair - it got EVERYWHERE
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Aww yes I remember my Sabre when he was walking with my o/h and I was a bit behind pushing Rhianna in her pram when she was a baby and he hated it cos we weren't all walking together - he kept crying and making that funny sound that only GSD's can do If we were all out he liked us all walking together with no space between us He was a brilliant dog though - my only dislike of him was his hair - it got EVERYWHERE
Ember did that singing thing in the middle of Beddgelert in N. Wales in front of loads of people becuse it was impossible for us all to walk together...possibly one of the most embarrassing things in my life...he was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loud with it!!!!!!!
I love GSDs
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:25 PM
OOo yes the herding our Lizzie would scream blue murder if we ever split up it must have looked very strange a family of six in tight unison done the street!

And yes the hair!

is there anything you want to tell us about the bichon frise Foxy?
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Don't forget their natural ability to act as ringtones for your mobile phone. Any time my mobile phone goes off, she sings away until I answer it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Ember used to try to herd unsuspecting old ladys that stood next to us at the traffic lights...not good....
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Ha ha, thats great mutthouse

Dobermanns:

* They have a way of knowing when your angry , so will do something REALLY norty, to see if they can push you over the edge.

* They too think they are smaller than they are and proceed to run underthings and then get stuck

* Will work out exactly what time you fall asleep then proceed to sneak onto the bottom of your bed, working their way up until either you or your OH have been pushed out of it!

* Eat everything and anything in site. They are never full.

* Know exactly when it is raining outside and then hide under your duvet in an attempt to not be seen and not have to go out in the rain. (once out in the rain will wince and act like the rain drops are melting them)

* Will squeel like a pig at anything that looks frightening, and apparently do not loose this hilarious squeel all through their lives.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >