View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I Let bentley kiss me but i wouldnt let anyone elses dog kiss me before i got a dog i thought the thought of it was disgusting never mind letting it happen but i love it now he does it every morning to wake me up to take him out x
ananab00
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I do let Otis lick my mouth, he has developed an uncanny skill of moving quickly from licking your cheek to getting his tongue right up your nose or in your mouth! I think it's cute!
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
My pugs dont 'slobber' and theyre only small dogs so its not too extreme when they lick. Theyre natural born lickers anyway, I doubt I could stop them even if i wanted to.

To tell you the truth I think it's even less relevant with children. The number of kids i've seen picking their nose and eating it, sucking the dirt out of their fingernails, putting their hands down their nappies and then in their mouths, messing about in the dirt and then eating without washing their hands, fiddling with their genitals, scratching their bums... I don't think a bit of healthy dog spit is gonna do them much more harm, LOL
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't let my dogs lick my mouth or even my face .
I know where their mouths have been and I wouldn't like it at all
twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I let Sash lick my face and she normally only does it on command and when i come home she normally gives me a little lick on my nose.
Hate her licking my mouth and thats a big no no at least you can wash your face properly to get rid of the ick not like mouth!!
I try to limit how much she does it tho and just get her to do it on command that way if i dont want her to do it she wont!!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:49 PM
LOL, i liked this thread . When Sasha was only a wee pup i taught her 'secrets' whenever she licked your ears. Leos are naturally lickers anyway - so when my alarm goes off for work, if i don't get up, i get my face washed till i move - YUK!! She is just so loving and gentle though - you just need to have a towel handy, lol.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 12:21 AM
jake is as the age where he licks everyone everywhere lol, but i dont let him lick my mouth. if he goes to, i just move my head so he licks my chin lol, i dont mind that

lauren
Gizmoli626
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Ewww no thanks haha Gizmo likes tripe sticks!!!! He licks my fingers on command and stuff but i wouldn't let him lick my face.
SaRAWR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2009, 09:41 AM
No no no no, i really really dont like it when lola licks, and i dont let her go anywhere near my face! She seems to be going through a bit of a licking faze at the moment, and shes constantly licking my boyfriends hands and arms.

I did read though that dogs lick the 'leader' of the pack as a sign of affection and submissiveness, is that true?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 10:35 AM
It's an appeasement gesture (and in some instances a sign of stress) and I do not believe in suppressing a dogs natural behaviour as that, in itself, can cause more problems.
Becky
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »