Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Well chuffed

I know this won't be a big deal to some people but I feel on cloud 9

Henry and I went to Driffield Champ show today...his first champ show...I was mortified when I saw that there were 9 in his class, again, I know that isn't a huge amount but there have been 3's and 5's at most shows so I was a bit taken aback.

Also, Henry's breeder had already told me that the judge wouldn't like him...not sure why but I had paid my money and I was blooming well going

Henry was a very good boy, just before it was his turn to be gone over the dog before him escaped from his handler and came bounding over to us...Henry took it all in his stride and wagged his tail, then wanted to play..this left him a little bit bouncy when the judge went over him and again on his straight line but we went back and did it again...we got pulled out and then placed reserve As the judge handed me the card and said "well done", Henry jumped up, hugged me and planted a huge spongy kiss on my lips..everyone said "aww, look at him"

I had a couple of people comment on how nice he looked, how well he went and two people told me he should have won the class...I would have been thrilled if he had been placed slightly higher so he was qualified for Crufts but, after what he has been through lately, I was absolutely chuffed to bits with his 4th place. All the others in the class were all seasoned exhibitors that had already done lots of winning, which made it all the more special for me.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh wish I'd have known we could have met up for a very muddy coffee.
Well done to both of you at least you know Henry's ears not going to affect him.
We had a fab day as well Ross won Post Grad again out of 7 dogs
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Oh wish I'd have known we could have met up for a very muddy coffee.
Well done to both of you at least you know Henry's ears not going to affect him.
We had a fab day as well Ross won Post Grad again out of 7 dogs
Oh, I didn't think to see who else was there ..such a shame we missed each other.

Well done to you and Ross..I would have been very happy too xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks hun, I have to say I've never been so wet and blooming cold.
Took one of my girls with me shes gone to a boyfriends had to walk to the secretary's office for a pass out I'm home now and still damp.
Are you doing LKA?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Thanks hun, I have to say I've never been so wet and blooming cold.
Took one of my girls with me shes gone to a boyfriends had to walk to the secretary's office for a pass out I'm home now and still damp.
Are you doing LKA?
Possibly, Henry will be out of Junior on 20th November so got a couple of shows before then. There is only Post Grad at LKA but people think he is mature enough so will wait til nearer the time. Am doing Gundog Society of Wales on 13th and Midland Counties too
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Well done Henry!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Well done Henry!
Thank you so much
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
awww well done Henry xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I've had the dreaded cold and managed to miss the entries, I could kick myself especially Midland Counties the judge really suited me.
Didnt realise David was judging he's the chairman of the Northern Welshie club I'm onthe commitee, he's judging welsh at Manchester in January.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Well done Henry and you Sheree.

After the horrible experience you all had the other week I am so glad things are going so well.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >