View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Awww, fab results!! Often when the judge completely dismissed you when they're walking past, and you think you're going to get nothing you end up doing well. I do think its probably because they already have the first 2 or 3 places in their mind at that point

I've only watched the Junior Handling a few times and have had mixed experienced. At a couple of shows i saw some of the most horrendous parenting i've ever experienced - shouting at kids for messing up the tiniest thing and telling them how rubbish they did!! And other times i have found it to be a really positive thing and the kids look like they're very much enjoying it! I guess its like horses, you get pushy parents in that too but its (usually!!) the minority!! Your girls (i assume they're yours anyway ) look very chuffed and you're clearly really proud of them both, such a shame not all of the JHA parents could be as supportive!!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Aww - thats fab
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Massive congratulations all round - now that's what I call a successful show!!
And so do I Anne-Marie one to remember!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Absolutely brilliant news Rach, no wonder you are on cloud 9, and I'm so cross I wasn't there to share in your celebrations. xxx
We missed you too - there will be other shows I'm sure hun - looking at the results I think Henry would have done well she liked those lines didn't she!

Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Awww, fab results!! Often when the judge completely dismissed you when they're walking past, and you think you're going to get nothing you end up doing well. I do think its probably because they already have the first 2 or 3 places in their mind at that point

I've only watched the Junior Handling a few times and have had mixed experienced. At a couple of shows i saw some of the most horrendous parenting i've ever experienced - shouting at kids for messing up the tiniest thing and telling them how rubbish they did!! And other times i have found it to be a really positive thing and the kids look like they're very much enjoying it! I guess its like horses, you get pushy parents in that too but its (usually!!) the minority!! Your girls (i assume they're yours anyway ) look very chuffed and you're clearly really proud of them both, such a shame not all of the JHA parents could be as supportive!!!
Ah yes the pushy parents - if things go wrong its not the end of the world - its all about enjoying it and if they do well then all the better! Jess has done really well at the open shows but comes out just as happy regardless of the placing. Sadly I do know some parents who get a bit 'noisy' ringside - its not on and it doesn't do the kids any favours at all. And the pressure put on some is unreal - its only a dog show - qualifying for Crufts is NOT the most important thing in the world nor is not being placed!

Yesterday I was stood next to one mother getting cross about the stewarding (or lack of) - I realised whose mother she was and quickly removed myself from her! She's known for her mouthing off!

On the whole most are supportive and encouraging though I think.

Thanks for your kind comments

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Aww - thats fab
Thankyou Tassle
Archiebongo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Well done to the girls and to you and connor on qualifying for crufts
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female