View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Breed Incorrect On Removal Of Entry Form.

I'm not sure if I should do something about this? I've entered Oscar into Darlington Champ Show with Isla NFC. Both dogs are listed as HWV?!

Now it's great in one way as at least they're benched together so I won't have to try and squeeze them both onto one bench. But do you think they'll notice when I leave with two dogs of the same breed who look nothing alike?
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Before you leave the show just go to the secretarys office and mention it,new removal forms can be issued.Failing that ring the secretary up before the show.Some shows are more vigilant than others,sadly IMO.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by cornishmals View Post
Before you leave the show just go to the secretarys office and mention it,new removal forms can be issued.Failing that ring the secretary up before the show.Some shows are more vigilant than others,sadly IMO.
Thanks for that, I think I'll speak to someone when I'm there.

I have noticed some are more vigilant at checking the forms than others, but it would be just my luck at this show that they're extra vigilant and poor old Fatty Isla gets left behind with the show stewards!
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I know it is a pain to have to get out of our van and show the security staff our dogs correspond to the removal slip,but sadly in todays society you can not be too careful.I wish all staff were extra vigilant.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
It shouldnt make any difference, its probably because she is benched with the wires, and NFC wont be breaking any rules anyway.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by cornishmals View Post
I know it is a pain to have to get out of our van and show the security staff our dogs correspond to the removal slip,but sadly in todays society you can not be too careful.I wish all staff were extra vigilant.
I've always found Manchester very good, they always stop each car and check the removal form against the dogs present in the car. Whether they know what they're looking at is another matter though! I have to say National Gundog scares me though, anybody could just walk out with your dog, no questions asked!

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It shouldnt make any difference, its probably because she is benched with the wires, and NFC wont be breaking any rules anyway.
Perhaps they've changed the rules then because when Isla has been NFC before she has always been benched with the ESS. Change for the better mind, so I'm not going to complain.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I've always found Manchester very good, they always stop each car and check the removal form against the dogs present in the car. Whether they know what they're looking at is another matter though! I have to say National Gundog scares me though, anybody could just walk out with your dog, no questions asked!

Perhaps they've changed the rules then because when Isla has been NFC before she has always been benched with the ESS. Change for the better mind, so I'm not going to complain.
What do the bench numbers say on your passes? Are they next to eachother? I know you can specify a bench next to somebody, Ive done that in the past.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What do the bench numbers say on your passes? Are they next to eachother? I know you can specify a bench next to somebody, Ive done that in the past.
Both dogs are benched together in the HWV benches, last time I had to squeeze them both onto Oscar's bench as Isla was entered NFC and they benched her with the ESS!

I always enter Champ Shows online and there doesn't always seem to be the option to bench dogs with one handler. Even so you'd hope they'd guess that as both dogs are owned by the same person that the owner would prefer the dogs to be benched together!
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Both dogs are benched together in the HWV benches, last time I had to squeeze them both onto Oscar's bench as Isla was entered NFC and they benched her with the ESS!

I always enter Champ Shows online and there doesn't always seem to be the option to bench dogs with one handler. Even so you'd hope they'd guess that as both dogs are owned by the same person that the owner would prefer the dogs to be benched together!
They don't put them together normally even though they have the same owner. I have taken a whippet and a greyhound to a show and had them benched miles apart. Crufts is the worst I have 1 in one hall and the other in a different hall.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
They don't put them together normally even though they have the same owner. I have taken a whippet and a greyhound to a show and had them benched miles apart. Crufts is the worst I have 1 in one hall and the other in a different hall.
Thanks for that, I didn't think they did this normally but I was beginning to think I was losing the plot!

Crufts is going to be a huge pain in the butt for us this time too. I'm just hoping no one will object to us stealing a HWV bench!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >