Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
How did you get on? I was fine at my first Ch show, just thought of it as an open show but I ran into the chairs around the ring

I'm there tomorrow but dogless! Was at Poodle Club of Scotland Champion show today so didn't bother entering SKC. Going shopping instead What were the stalls like? Needing some grooming supplies because no Ch shows until Crufts! Might have a nosey at agility too if it isn't miles away.
It well as well as could be expected for me. When I was going round one of the times, I nearly carried on and almost ran out the ring, nearly banging in to a ring pole in the process.

3rd out of 3, as expected. Two were champions.

I really don't like the big poles in the middle of the rings either, they upset my peripheral vision and put me off! Hate them!

Apart from that we were okay! He was a good boy and did well for me considering I'm not his mum! That isn't easy for Basenjis as they prefer "their own".

I was trembling with nerves and couldn't breathe steadily though! I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, got to start somewhere, haven't you.

Enjoy your day tomorrow! I didn't think there were as many stalls as there used to be actually, but what they have is really good - couple of decent grooming ones so that'll keep you happy.

James Wellbeloved weren't there again, which is a shame as I like their treats; well, not me, the dogs. Wonder why they're not there now.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Ah I'm used to getting the bottom most of the time because I'm always against the big names. Did get 1st Junior Dog today but he was the only one in his class.. Saying that he 110% deserved it Not a foot wrong (well he did put his feet wrong when the judge went to look at them )

I don't like the big poles in the rings either. In May I was that busy telling myself 'Don't run into the poles' that I nealy did run into them

You get used to it but even today I was so nervous when the judge went to measure Blu (he got hit a few months ago with one). The judge was really dragging it out saying 'there's a good lad. I'm just going to measure you' etc. Felt like telling him to get a move on

Don't think there is many stalls there in August compared to May. I'll be happy with the stalls but dad's bank account won't be. He's coming along for the day so I'll just buy loads for him to carry! Will probaly miss some of the poodle judging because not going to late. No doubt I'll get filled in in the gossip
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3