Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Getting a bit nervous now

Henry has been here 7 weeks on Thursday and we've been to 3 ringcraft lessons, well one was a match night so threw us in at the deep end for our second session.

We have another ringcraft session on Thursday this week and then, the reason for my nervousness, he is booked into his first show on Sunday

I thought it would be ok, that we would have got our act together enough, as two weeks later we are at Richmond Champ show But now I'm worrying, not about him, he is a good boy albeit rather frisky and wanting to kiss the judge and play with the other dogs, but its been about 3 years since I've shown a dog and that was with something I had trained since a baby puppy, we were at one with each other.

I just hope my nerves don't get the better of me as I love showing and I've been told by people in the know that he is a lovely example of the breed, (I also think he is scrummy but I'm totally and utterly biased), and that he should do well...maybe its the thought of having to live up to the praise that I'm worried about.

I'm sure we will be ok on the day, I am looking forward to it, but feeling a bit anxious that we haven't trained enough.

If anyone is at the Milton Keynes show on Sunday please do come and say hello
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 02:16 PM
You'll be fine, enjoy it and relax.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 02:17 PM
ohh good luck. I get worried every time I leave the house the morning before a show. Silly really as I love it..Just try and keep calm and enjoy your self, you will remember why you love it so much when you have done it and got that red rosette in your hand!
Best wishes and let us know how you do.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You'll be fine, enjoy it and relax.
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
ohh good luck. I get worried every time I leave the house the morning before a show. Silly really as I love it..Just try and keep calm and enjoy your self, you will remember why you love it so much when you have done it and got that red rosette in your hand!
Best wishes and let us know how you do.
Thanks ladies...I'll let you know what happens..good or bad
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Good luck for your first show.

I used to always have to run to the toilet just before I went in the ring as I used to get rumbles with the nerves.

Deep breath and count to 10.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Oh Sheree - I still get nervous too - I so remember that first show was a right wreck - huge class too! The thing that calmed me was Ken said - its only a dog show - not a matter of life or death - but stilll

Richmond is a nightmare for me because of the JH Semis - I am far worse watching the handling than the breed ring !!!

Can't wait to meet up with you again at Richmond and meet that smashing boy of yours - desparately waiting for entry numbers and judge details for the JH!

How long since you last showed - was it with Bradley?

You take to it again like a duck to water I'm sure

Good luck and expect a full report
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Good luck for your first show.

I used to always have to run to the toilet just before I went in the ring as I used to get rumbles with the nerves.

Deep breath and count to 10.
Aww thanks very much..I was like that for the first year or so of showing, and then I suddenly relaxed and forgot my nerves...I hope it will all come back to me when I get in the ring

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Oh Sheree - I still get nervous too - I so remember that first show was a right wreck - huge class too! The thing that calmed me was Ken said - its only a dog show - not a matter of life or death - but stilll

Richmond is a nightmare for me because of the JH Semis - I am far worse watching the handling than the breed ring !!!

Can't wait to meet up with you again at Richmond and meet that smashing boy of yours - desparately waiting for entry numbers and judge details for the JH!

How long since you last showed - was it with Bradley?

You take to it again like a duck to water I'm sure

Good luck and expect a full report
Thanks Rach, I'm looking forward to meeting up with you again too, as soon as I have my passes I'll let you know my bench number etc

Yes, the last time I showed was with Bradley, it was in the March/April time and he was in minor puppy, he is 4 now

I think the thing is that Henry is that bit older and, although he gets ths jist of showing, he is so exciteable that wants to kiss everyone and bounce with the other dogs, whereas they are usually very slightly better behaved in junior classes...once we get this show at the weekend under our belt I shall relax a bit as I will know whether he needs more work or if its all my fault
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Well, there were only 3 entered and Henry won Best of Breed, (and he was the youngest there) ..then he got shortlisted in the group

He was a real showman on the day, there were people there from ringcraft who said he seemed a different dog, he was still a bit wiggly when the judge went over him but his tail didn't stop wagging and he went round the ring like there was no tomorrow...he really did his mummy proud.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Wohoo a fabulous start Sheree!

Downloaded my Richmond passes - will send you our bench number but we will be at the main ring first thing for the JHA semis.

Well done and way to go Henry!
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Congratulations, he did you proud......and maybe you did him proud too
Good luck for the next one, expect to see piccys of his rosettes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >