Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I've been to a show recently with three classes had to ask had never heard of it til then
I went to one a couple of weeks ago, classes or groups
WORKING
NON WORKING
ANY OTHER NOT MENTIONED. DUH!!!!!!!!!

BUT NEEDLESS TO SAY SOME WERE ENGTERED IN THE 3RD GROUP.
Zakkety
New Member!
Female 

27-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi,

It can get very confusing I agree but, if the CDS is under KC licence, then there is a list of classes which the organisers are supposed to stick to (in the pedgree classes). Novelty classes can be anything you want as can obedience as long as the name of the ob. class isn't the same as a KC class.

Companion dog club members' classes are just for them (& as organisers, we're supposed to see proof of membership - which is a bit difficult as it's an A4 certificate & not many people carry them around with them!)

Discreditable conduct at ANY KC licenced event is supposed to be reported back to them - but this obviously only applies if the dog is KC reg'd. Organisers have the right to refuse entries & common sense has to be applied to 'incidents'. If 2 dogs are sparking off...ask one to move! If the owners won't, then you tell them to leave!!

Fun shows can call their classes anything but the organisers would have the same rights to ask someone to leave if they felt their conduct was inappropriate. (Ultimately, for either show, it's a private event - the organisers have hired the venue & it's up to them who is allowed in or to stay)

Hope this helps?

Von
Twilly Memorial Show Organiser
www.k9-online.com/show
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Tilly is a member of the Companion Dog Club and you're right. They do have classes at some shows that only members can enter. (Although we've been on it for a year and yet to find one!)
Do you look at the list on the KC site. I'm a member & always look on the KC web-site for classes. Keep a copy of their membership numbers in my purse so I always have them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2