Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Logic toothgel - how to apply?

I bought some logic toothpaste/gel stuff to use for alfies teeth and it says you can apply it with your finger, so I do, but I can only do the outside of the front teeth and the few you can see when you lift his lips out the way lol
How are you supposed to get to the inside or the back ones?!
I am sure I read someone say you can put it in their food? But it doesn't say that on the instructions so wasn't sure?

Any help?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I either use my fingers or a toothbrush to get right in at the back teeth
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:17 AM
It was developed to help people with mouth cancer who couldn't use a toothbrush. As long as you get it somewhere near the teeth it will help!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:22 AM
It's great stuff, i've only used it a few times and it's made a visable difference to Cains teeth (not that they were bad or anything, I'm just a worry guts lol!). I use a toothbrush with Cain but finger is fine.

Start slow, at first I could only get at his canines before he wriggles off but he accepts it now. It's just a case of getting your dog used to it and just getting your finger right in there. I find getting Cain to lie down or belly up makes lifting the lips and accessing the back teeth FAR easier.

You ask about inside? I've read that you only need to do the outside of the teeth, apparently it's not common for dogs to get build up inside so don't worry about that.

ETA: I don't know about putting it on food but you could smear it on a Dental Kong and see if that works? Although Cain licks it off instead off chewing which defeats the object! You can get green fluid to go in water but Cain refused to drink it.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Ahh okay thanks!

Will persist with the finger then on the outside and se if we can build up to the back teeth without him wriggling too much

Thanks
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I use a baby toothbrush for Poppy.