Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 12:00 PM

dog's in ipswich.

my MIL just called me to say do not take midge to the dog park because this week 9 dog's have died! somthing to do with the poo in the park. i think all the info will be in the star tonight! OMG
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 12:23 PM
aww them poor dogs what a shock
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Could be Parvo my vet warned me about it the other night saying they had quite a few cases of it this year in our area. Also I drove past the dogs home the other day and they had a hugh poster on the door warning people about it.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Could be Parvo my vet warned me about it the other night saying they had quite a few cases of it this year in our area. Also I drove past the dogs home the other day and they had a hugh poster on the door warning people about it.
thats the 1 parvo. i couldn't rember what is was called. so should i not even walk midge at the mo?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Lillybet,

Which park is this? My friend lives close to Ipswich and I'd like to warn her!

Where is it?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 05:43 PM
I've worked at a vets when puppies were in with parvo and its horrible. They died. There is no actual cure, you have to hope to have caught it quickly enough and that they get though it themselves, and some breeds such as dobermans and rotweillers are apparently more suseptable.

However, in this day and age I'd like to think everyone knows to get their pups immunised, and to keep them away from other dogs until their vet advises it is safe.

I was walking my dogs in Felixstowe when I saw a young nervous pup being taken for his first walk. I was so shocked when they said he had just had his last jab that day.... you have to wait a few weeks after to take them out where other dogs have been. Very, very silly to risk a pups life like that.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Parvo is rife at the moment all over the place and it's a horrible disease. Vaccination is vital, if dogs aren't vaccinated they should have their immunity tested. Parvo is a nasty disease the dogs die and awful death, there's no way round that.