Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 06:28 PM

My week in Mallorca - poor Fred!

Well, here's a few pics of my week away in Majorca with Mum and Fred, hope you like them. I could write a little story but I don't know how to "compress" I only know how to garble on, so I'll spare you the long post

This is the view from Mum's apartment, so this is what I woke up to every morning, glorious sunshine too, a lot different than the weather you had here I think!

She lives in Illetas, which is on the South West corner and is quite an exclusive residential area, no big hotels or anything like that, so it's very quiet - well it was, until I arrived of course There's a lovely quiet beach just across the road, but it was a bit too cold for that in February!

Fred found this gorgeous restaurant just outside Palma in the Country, which is an old millhouse, and just take a look at that barbie, that's a serious bar-b-que I think!

I told him I like my steaks medium/well so he had to stoke it up a bit!!!

The food was the best meal I have ever eaten, they even show you the steaks before they put them on the barbie, just fantastic it was.

Here's Fred sorting out his cash after having paid for the meal the night before

We stopped off for coffee in a nice hotel one morning, here's me and Mum, bless her, not bad for 82!!! No, not me, my mum!

Meet Digger! He's the guard dog for the whole block,(1yr. old labrador) and I took this picture from mum's balcony above. He lives on the first floor and guards. He barks like mad if anybody who doesn't live in the block comes anywhere near, or any suspiscious characters are staggering up the road late at night, even 3am. in the morning he barks! He is owned by a Doctor and his wife who own the whole of the first floor. You can see he's sitting on his chair, half of which he ate before realising he could get a better view by sitting on it!

This is digger on guard duty taken from across the road. He also has a little kennel to sleep in, and is taken for walks about 3/4 times a day, but he's never allowed inside the apartment, poor boy.Mum's apartment is the one above where Digger is, and it goes all the way around the back too, it's very big.

I hired a little Nissan Micra which was fantastic to whiz around in, but poor Fred managed to clock up 500 miles in only 4 days coz we kept changing our minds about where we wanted to go or have lunch/dinner, so we ended up doing a tour of the whole Island on most days.

I have a few more which I'll dig out during the week, but I hope you enjoyed looking at these few.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
aww helen there beautiful pics so glad you all had a real great time
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Fantastic photos mate, what a good looking family you are Really glad you had a nice time, the weather looks beautiful, you deserve it muck,
(right, that's enough creepin' - where's me rock? )
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
lovely pics looks like you had a great time.
mackleback
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Lovely pics. Glad you had a nice time.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Great pics H, looked like you enjoyed yourself, noticed you`re all wrapped up well don`t know what it was like there but its been bloomin awful here & haven`t got above 4 today
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Helen....brilliant pics..look forward to some more

Love that Digger....what a cutie sitting on his plastic chair
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Great piccys Helen-so glad you had a fab time away from all the cold weather we've been having!

Say hello to fred from me when you speak to him next please Helen.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Really enjoyed looking at your pictures.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow Helen great pics Looks like you all had a great time

Poor Digger though
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >