Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Brierly

Just look it up, if you have the knowledge you say you have its easy!

Google it even.
Lots of interesting studies come up on google.

Dominance study is a myth
dr casey

http://tinyurl.com/35qofao

dr bradshaw

http://tinyurl.com/369ngb7

dr blackwell

http://tinyurl.com/3xshboo

Adam
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes but how many have YOU trained?

Anyone can talk about the THEORY (or what they BELIEVE to be the theory behind training dogs) but that is a whole different ball game to ACTUALLY training dogs to compete at the highest level in any of these disciplines!

I know that YOU have not competed yourself in ANY of these sports, and I KNOW that you are not a recognised TRAINER, tracklayer or judge in any of these sports, so what actual empirical knowledge do you have (apart from spectating)!?
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 05:52 PM
How many dogs have you trained not to kill sheep?

How many dogs have you trained with e collars?

Doesn't stop you does!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
post Dominance study is a myth
dr casey
Adam I see you have posted more links (see post 761)to the pathetic and childish attempts by the nasty little tramp in the bad wig who likes to strap e collars near to a dogs genitals to discredit the Bristol University dominance study.
Adam for me any credibility you originally had has completely disappeared.

I note you haven't bothered to answer my queries posted above post 747. Tell us do about your use of two e collars on a dog at one time, I am sure members here would be interested in knowing about your extreme training techniques.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Brierly

Just look it up, if you have the knowledge you say you have its easy!

Google it even.
Lots of interesting studies come up on google.

Dominance study is a myth
dr casey

http://tinyurl.com/35qofao

dr bradshaw

http://tinyurl.com/369ngb7

dr blackwell

http://tinyurl.com/3xshboo

Adam
Adam, your assertion is that Skinner advises that all positive reinforcement starts with negative punishment. How others interpret Skinner's words aren't of interest (if that's what these references refer to), but the word of the man himself is of interest. I've never read during all my studies or even when reading for interest where Skinner has said this - hence my request for a reference for it.

To me it's a barmy premise which is why I would like to see Skinner's take on it (if he indeed said this - and I do have grave doubts)
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Adam, your assertion is that Skinner advises that all positive reinforcement starts with negative punishment. How others interpret Skinner's words aren't of interest (if that's what these references refer to), but the word of the man himself is of interest. I've never read during all my studies or even when reading for interest where Skinner has said this - hence my request for a reference for it.

To me it's a barmy premise which is why I would like to see Skinner's take on it (if he indeed said this - and I do have grave doubts)
In a nutshell.
Adam, you HAVE to find this, to back up your claims - why not go back to the tramp and get his exact reference?

Wys
x
Meg
Supervisor

08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Did you notice we were talking about the learning theory? A reinforcer (reward) can ONLY follow either a negative punishment, positive punishment or a negative reinforcer, one of those MUST precede a reinforcer (reward)

Adam
.... a reinforcer is not necessarily a reward, a reinforcer is merely something which strengthens a behaviour
See Skinner....

Reinforcers may be positive or negative. A positive reinforcer reinforces when it is presented; a negative reinforcer reinforces when it is withdrawn. Negative reinforcement is not punishment. Reinforcers always strengthen behavior; that is what "reinforced" means. Punishment is used to suppress behavior. It consists of removing a positive reinforcer or presenting a negative one. It often seems to operate by conditioning negative reinforcers. The punished person henceforth acts in ways which reduce the threat of punishment and which are incompatible with, and hence take the place of, the behavior punished.
http://www.bfskinner.org/BFSkinner/S...tBehavior.html
The punished person henceforth acts in ways which reduce the threat of punishment and which are incompatible with, and hence take the place of, the behavior punished.
like the poor dogs you train Adam see the video of your little JR who appears to be scared to move in case he elicits yet another shock from the e collar he is forced to wear...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 06:54 PM
How many dogs have you trained not to kill sheep?

How many dogs have you trained with e collars?

Doesn't stop you does!
Bit mean of you...it was only a question
Meg
Supervisor

08-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Adam it doesn't look like I am going to get a reply from you to my queries .

If you do get around to answering my queries in addition to my previous question about your use of two e collars at once to shock a dog can you also confirm whether or not you intend to put e collars on all your dogs not as part of any training but in order to promote them because you and your mentor who you quoted in your post above (the tramp in the bad wig who likes to inflict pain on dogs by strapping an e collar near to their genitals) are worried that the Welsh ban on e collars could spell the end to them in the UK ?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
If you do get around to answering my queries in addition to my previous question about your use of two e collars at once to shock a dog can you also confirm whether or not you intend to put e collars on all your dogs not as part of any training but in order to promote them....
TWO e-collars on one dog?

I find the use of one repugnant enough, but the idea of two has made me feel nauseous. With so many welfare concerns about the use of e-collars, anyone using TWO has to be some kind of psycho and should be reported for animal abuse. And if Adam does go that far, I really don't want to see him on here any more; that's abhorrent, and within the reach of the Animal Welfare Act.
Closed Thread
Page 77 of 98 « First < 27 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 87 > Last »