View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 05:15 PM
You'r welcome and good luck.(Nettles are a fantastic plant for humans too,I drink nettle tea.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Is it possible that the vet prescribed food is not agreeing with her totally? You mentioned some stomach and behavioural problems?

My dog was put briefly on Hills by our vet and it gave him an upset stomach. These vet endorsed foods don't always get the best results.

Just a thought -)
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Is it possible that the vet prescribed food is not agreeing with her totally? You mentioned some stomach and behavioural problems?

My dog was put briefly on Hills by our vet and it gave him an upset stomach. These vet endorsed foods don't always get the best results.

Just a thought -)
Thankyou, the vet diet has sorted a lot of the stomach problems out very much, although think there is something she needs more of somewhere. The behaviour side of things has improved in so many ways. She is and has been the most wonderful dog who has overcome so many issues from what must have been through before.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 07:34 PM
My vet recently recommended to me that I feed my dogs OATbran (from the supermarket). He said he feeds it to his dogs, it's nutritious and gives them much needed fibre, so I feed half a teaspoonful once a day now. If you're worried about vits and minerals, then try using a probiotic which has every essential vit and mineral in there as well (Imean the powder variety, not a live yoghurt).

My dogs are both munching away on grass at the moment, it's so lush, and I've never known Zena to go manic for grass before, but they're never sick after eating it, although I do notice it coming out the other end in abundance.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks H54, is finding out the cause that is hard, hope Georgie n Zena are ok n you too x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3