Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Willow microchipped yesterday

Yesterday we took the twins and Willow to a companion show at a local carnival. My son Ben had been walking round with Willow when he was stopped and asked if he had been chipped. A local vet was at the show chipping dogs for £10 each.

After he had finished his classes we took Willow to be done we had been planning on getting it done soon. Whilst I filled in the paper work Ben took him behind the screen to be chipped. God did he scream I think the whole carnival heard him. Then the nurse popped her head round the screen and asked the other nurse to help. She had scanned him and couldn't find the chip. They eventually found the chip on the end of the needle. Willow had jumped and shook as she put it in and the needle somehow managed to bring the chip out. He had to be done again.

The second time it was done it worked and the chip is now safely between his shoulder blades. I came home with a very subdues puppy. He wouldn't even let the nurse stroke him when she had finished he kept pushing himself into my sons arms.

Forgot to say before he got upset by the nurse he was 5th in the puppy class, 2nd in the toy class, 4th in waggy tail and 4th in dog the judge would like to take home. Amber was 4th in the hound class and Simba was 4th in open.

Amber and Willow also had a go at the agility course. Willow obviously only being a pup had the jumps right down but he loved it and the people running it were quite taken by him and said when he was older we could start him properly.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Poor Willow, hope he is feeling better now. You are wise to have him chipped, just in case. Max was done before we got him but I always understood that it was relatively painless?

Well done on the achievments at the show though!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Hope Willow's got over his upset now.

I always understood that it was relatively painless?
I think that depends on the dog. I had a Rottie mix who screamed bloody murder at the slightest discomfort. Hearing him have an injection you'd think the vet was killing him and god forbid you stepped on a paw or tail! I have to admit I winced at the size of the needle when I had Rupert microchipped but he didn't even seem to notice it happening.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Hope Willow's got over his upset now.

I think that depends on the dog. I had a Rottie mix who screamed bloody murder at the slightest discomfort. Hearing him have an injection you'd think the vet was killing him and god forbid you stepped on a paw or tail! I have to admit I winced at the size of the needle when I had Rupert microchipped but he didn't even seem to notice it happening.
Most of them don't even notice we did 20 at the BFA and only a couple of them screamed
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Aww Bless him Hope he's OK now.......

Well Done on his achievements though x
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Willow is fine today when I told OH how much it was he said I should have had the twins done too I would have but I didn't have enough money with me to do them too.

It is pretty much painless we were parked behind the tent were they where doing it and I never heard a sound of any of the other dogs that were done. I think Willow is just a little wuss. Saying that years ago we had gsd and we had him done. He took one look at the needle and he screamed that was before the needle touched him.