Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gadge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2008, 06:38 AM

What do you use in your dog bed?

Well we woke up to this!

We use to use the dog 'puffs' from pet@home but he ripped the stuffing out of them too. Then we went to old bed quilts and he loves the comfort of them, but as you see, ripped the stuffing out of them!

What do you use?

He's 9 months now.
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Mine don't have beds for this reason. There is vet bed in the cage if they want to go in there but otherwise they are on the floor or furniture.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Little tinker!! Open crate with vet bedding, and an assortment of cushions for the lords of the manor
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 07:25 AM
oh my - what a mess!

We have a bed made specifically for the crate, and it is filled with foam pieces. Thankfully Missy doesn't treat it like she would a stuffy!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Len has done similar to all the bedding he's had! he just has a peice of carpet now and ruby has vet bed.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Oh my, what a bloomin mess! I know I shouldn't laugh, but that pic is so funny! Mine chewed every expensive dog bed up I bought, so we ended up using a single quilt folded up, which thankfully has not ended up in the same state as yours!
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I have beds to fit the crate, and then put a Kylie on top...
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I dont use any quilts etc as too many times I have come down to a mess similar to the mess in the photo, so now all my dogs only get their vetbed, they have never destroyed it and in fact on piece has lasted me over 9 years, and I keep washing and washing it.

Mo
Gadge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:08 AM
What are the vet beds?
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Vet bed is like a thick carpet stuff, its designed for puppies, it absorbs any wet and leaves the top part still soft and dry.

Our sweeties have got old quilts for in the house and in their night time beds they have vet bed as Paris was shredding their quilts if left alone with them! They have 2 layers of vet bed to make it extra soft for them.

Its quite expensive but you can buy sheets or rolls of it on e-bay for a little cheaper than the pet shops. Really good stuff, would definately recommend it. We used to use it for the guinea pigs cages too!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >