Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2008, 12:13 AM

Another flippin' bed

That bl@@dy Kali must think we're MADE of money! After their last sojourn in kennels, the Boys got new beds, because the existing ones had got a bit smelly. The new beds were "Danish Design" comfy beds, over £30 apiece. Kali took to removing the cushion from his and scraping the bottom out of the bed, so we cussed, and shelled out another £18 for a replacement for him. So now, he has kicked Snorri-dog out of his bed and is repeating the destruction. He won't let Snorri-dog into his new one, either.

Border Collies - who'd have them? Grrrrr.

Snorri

(Kali, you're a daft old git - you've no idea when you're well-off!)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Mine have two huge beds to sleep on, well 5 cats get on too, walk in there..........all eight (dogs and cats) are squeezed onto one....take the unused one away...them BC's drag it back...not to use ...just to look at I think.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Oh dear....... they don't know when they're well off, do they Snorri?
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 06:37 AM
I agree...my collie cross has one through about 20...if not more. i now buy them a cheap duvet and cover it with a sheet. It normally lasts a day before they rip it and pull all of the stuffing out...ut I just keep shoving the stuffing back in until I get a new one...normlly monthly....nightmare!!!! xxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Aww you love him really , you'd just love him a darn site more if he didn't do it
sleepy wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Indi my Mal has no bed after destroying about 50. They don't even last the night. She has her create. Maverick had a nice new bed she wrecked that so now he has a old cot/ bed mattress with a cheap duvet cover round it. Its been 1 week and still standing.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I bought nice firm orthopaedic, wipe-down beds for my Saga-louts. But they prefer the sofa.
The Big Ones have a huge beanbag and a sofa-bed respectively. I may just have to move into a sofa=shop.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Dingo likes to eat the middle out of his beds if he's given a chance. If they're a bed with corners on the corners have to be removed too. He's got an old sleeping bag at the moment which he loves because he can snuggle into it and snore loudly.

Heidi
MAGADOG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2008, 09:24 AM
lol, sorry but have to laugh, they can be little blighters at times.
Our 2 have dug every bed they've had until this last one, got them a massive big one to share and its still intact - woohoo ! lol
mosie.mander-_@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Willow had a plastic dog bed that had been Brambles when she progressed from her craite with a mattress.She chewed the mattress to bits. I think Willow is a bigger Lab than Bramble was as she didn't look comfortable in the bed.

I have ended up putting the craite lining on the floor with a blanket on the top and she is quite content and the blanket is surviving quite well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >