View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:14 PM

How long do you leave your dog(s) its own?

at any one time...?

well today i finished work at 4 - doign a 12 - 4

and yes im online now.... now ive not been sacked lmao....

think my mate has its his own fault he constantly prats about -

sooo my boss said can you do a 12-6,,,, no because i refuse to leave the dogs for any longer than 4 hours - they can manage longer but why should i make them suffer?

so now im on a 12-half one - 3 - 6 madness....... plus petrol wastage.... anyhow

how long do you leave your dogs for??

just nosey i guess and wondering if anyones as mad as me?
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:26 PM
mine are normaly left no longer than 4hrs, i don't work due to health but if i have to go to the hospital can be 5 to 6hrs but if that long brother goes in to make sure they are ok and dont need any thing.

I also take them with me when i go to my mum's or sister-in-laws so its not every day they are on there own.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Tonks onlu usually gets left for two hours in the morning and maybe two hours in the afternoon.

Tonight i have to go to work for an open evening so she will have to go from 4 - 8pm. She will have a walk at three, and she has a specially juicy bone and a frozen kong stuffed with biscuits and cottage cheese to entertain her.....but she will most likely sleep!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I will be starting work again shortly and my work day in total means I leave for work at 8:20am and will get home again at 3:40 pm. Now for the but. But, I will be home for lunch and so will my husband and as we have lunch at different times it means Dingo will be on his own no longer than 3 hours at a time. Also, I'm allowed to take him into work with me when I want so if I'm not going to be busy running around that day he'll be right by my side.

Heidi
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:41 PM
wish i could take my dogs in!!

tbh i have been offered to take them in and put them in the managers flat while i do my shift and check on them every 2 hours at least.... which is ace as it means if i want to do 12 hour shifts i can..... they can still get walked... and wee'd etc....

problem being i recon millie will trash the place

rite - back off out now for my whole 3 hour shift i recon my mate will have been sacked by now

xx
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I work form home at the mo....
But will be back on site in sept....and hades will be coming along with me, eveyone loves him and he loves the attention, so Im quite lucky.
He used to come on site when he was a pup and no ones seen hims sinces hes grown.. there in for a shock !
But hes fine left at home for up to 4 hrs if hes got his frozen kong, toys and had a good 1 and half walk before I leave to go out.
Hes only 13 months so I suppose when hes older it could be abit longer...at night hes on guard duty *so he thinks* so it gives him something else to pass the time!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I work from home, so mainly Missy isn't left.
Odd occasions like me going for a cut and colour today - then she is. Or if hubby and I go out to a restaurant for a meal. On either of those I would say 3 hours tops.
Not that I see her all the time at home, mind you. She likes to take herself up to the spare bedroom and have a nap on the bed. That's where she is now.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 04:11 PM
It varies. Today I work 7am until 4pm, and then do college from 6.30 until 9pm then do the Tesco shop on the way home, but the OH is at home, as he will be for the next 4 days.

Whereas yesterday I worked from 7am until 6pm, then from 7pm to 10.15pm.... but I did get home at lunch so they were actually alone from 8.15am (school run) until 12.30pm, then alone until 6.10pm. When we came home they had Charlie here until the OH came home at 7.15pm.

They manage fine and are no problem. However the other day Inca nibbled the wall on my day off when we were out, and we'd only been out for 30mins!

They are used to our busy lifestyle and aren't normally alone that long.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 04:23 PM
The longest I've left the dogs for is up to 5 hours (that's when I'm at college and OH is on early shift). As long as they have a good hours walk before hand and a Kong filled with tasty stuff, they're happy
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Interesting question. I was going to ask something similar myself.
Dale hasn't been left for more than 3 hours on his own. However now he has a friend would it be unfair to leave them longer for maybe 6 hours max.? I was wondering about an outdoor kennel once Chip is older. We'd be away maybe as much as 5 or 6 hours only once ever four or six weeks and obviously we'd pick decent weather?
Its just that we both need to visit Granny sometimes and she's 88 and not so keen on dogs so two in a retirement flat wouldn't be too popular. Just now she sees one or other of us.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. If it is just ignore.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >