View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:15 PM
well not many of my friends have dogs, but i still think i prefer the fact that nobody else who knows me is on here..

the only thing i do find is when i am telling a story and have to say that it came from my dog forum - people think i am a bit sad !!! LOL
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Well 2 of my sons are members here, but they are so busy they rarely get chance to come on. My daughter and 1 son is on 'YO' so we often have a coversation about different members and just share things. I haven't got any doggy friends, so they would be bored if I stated talking doggy stuff. My o/h just rolls his eyes if I say anything about what is happening on dogsey, he just isn't interested. I think he is the one that is missing out. I think if there was something personal I needed to talk about I would prob go in the secret section, just in case my sons might read it. I think Dogsey is wonderful because you can get truthful answers, as sometimes friends won't tell you straight in case they offend you.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:29 PM
My OH only really knows whats going on on here when I'm laughing lol

..... or if something doggy and controversial comes up on the telly he'll say 'OOoooo what will your doggy friends have to say about that!'

There was something recently, can't remember what it was but all he said is 'That's awful, I'm surprised your laptop hasn't exploded!'

He seems to think we have have little sirens that go off when Dogsey needs us lol.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
My OH only really knows whats going on on here when I'm laughing lol

..... or if something doggy and controversial comes up on the telly he'll say 'OOoooo what will your doggy friends have to say about that!'

There was something recently, can't remember what it was but all he said is 'That's awful, I'm surprised your laptop hasn't exploded!'

He seems to think we have have little sirens that go off when Dogsey needs us lol.
thats exactly what my oh does too - !! lOL

he is always saying oh what would dogsey do about that etc...

although i still think he is sadder as he is on a BMW m5 forum and they all show pictures of each others cars !!pmsl.... at least ours are actually living things !! LOL
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
thats exactly what my oh does too - !! lOL

he is always saying oh what would dogsey do about that etc...

although i still think he is sadder as he is on a BMW m5 forum and they all show pictures of each others cars !!pmsl.... at least ours are actually living things !! LOL
Lol as I have posted a pic of our M5 on here I'm keeping schtum!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
well not many of my friends have dogs, but i still think i prefer the fact that nobody else who knows me is on here..

the only thing i do find is when i am telling a story and have to say that it came from my dog forum - people think i am a bit sad !!! LOL
Same here!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I am always talking to my oh about whats going on on here.
I do tell others about Dogsey but so far no one has joined up. But also i am careful who I tell, as if they came on here and said something they shouldn't, I would think it made me look bad as well as I brought them on. if that makes sense.
I would like to have more doggy friend near me as well as on here but there doesnt seem to be any. I am the only sado that loves my doggies so much they are like my kids. I think thats what some people think. not on here though you all think the same as me.

Noboby seem to no what a forum is they look at me funny when I say a dog forum.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
But also i am careful who I tell, as if they came on here and said something they shouldn't, I would think it made me look bad as well as I brought them on. if that makes sense.
I have to say that has occurred to me too...... and sadly I've also thought twice as a friend got a cross breed pup (Collie x GSD) just before Xmas, never having had a dog before and I just worried if she came on here someone might just have a go at her, coz to be honest I wondered how she'd cope. So I give her advice in person and he's coming on great.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:58 PM
i think people look at me as though im some sort of mental internet geek saddo when i talk about this place but i know i can come on here and ask for addvice or spout off about something and people will answer how the honestly feel instead of trying to not offend me!!!

i dont care!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 10:05 PM
I have many friends who are dog lovers but none who are currently dog owners, many due to work commitments etc. If I am using an example of something that has happened on her I will say 'someone I know had a dog who that happened to' or if it is someone I know better on here I will say 'a friend's dog' and then they will ask and I will say they are my friend from a dog forum. I think a lot of my friends are quite curious about it but I like to have Dogsey to myself although Dave always asks 'what's new on Dogsey then?'.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >