Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-04-2008, 11:29 PM

Peugeot drivers beware

Last year you may recall my youngest daughter bought a Peugeot 305, it was only 2 years old and she only had it 4 months, she was driving home one night and heard a loud bang, the car shuddered to a halt so she called out the AA.

The guy had a look and told her the engine had dropped down due to a broken engine mounting bracket it was a lift and tow-away job.

Last week I visited an old friend of mine, had'nt seen him in ages, he has got himself a second hand Peugeot 207, he said 2 weeks ago he was driving along and heard a loud bang, guess what, the engine had fallen out due to a broken mounting bracket.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:25 AM
OMG I have had 4 peugeots, never had one bit of trouble am driving their new 4x4 the 4007 now and love it, so hopefully they were just unlucky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:56 AM
peugeot owner here as well not worried as they make millions of these cars and i haven't heard of any probs before just sounds like bad luck

but thanks for posting
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 10:27 AM
We've had Peugeots for the last 20 or so years because OH keeps saying how reliable they are 205s,206s and now 207sw So no problems here
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 07:13 PM
My youngest son bought a 306 as his first car - it cost more to keep on the road than what he paid for it. When it came to the time for it to go could not bring myself to sell it privately so part exchanged it with another car for a new car and no not a Peugeot! Must say though that the engine was the only thing that was not replaced.

Sue
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Two years old ? Are you sure it was a 305 Denis ?

The 308 is now out, my 307 is 4 years old (no probs so far he says with fingers crossed) and the 306 was a good few years before that. The 305 is going back a long way 1978-89.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Last year you may recall my youngest daughter bought a Peugeot 305, it was only 2 years old and she only had it 4 months, she was driving home one night and heard a loud bang, the car shuddered to a halt so she called out the AA.

The guy had a look and told her the engine had dropped down due to a broken engine mounting bracket it was a lift and tow-away job.

Last week I visited an old friend of mine, had'nt seen him in ages, he has got himself a second hand Peugeot 207, he said 2 weeks ago he was driving along and heard a loud bang, guess what, the engine had fallen out due to a broken mounting bracket.
I was just about to say the same thing! Think it's probably a 307 if it's 2 years old?

But I have to agree, Peugeots have fantastic engines (when they're attached) and the road holding is second to none (when the wheels are still attached), but their reliability is utterly, utterly rubbish.

My last car was a 206 and I loved it to bits, but I had quite a few problems with it. My Dad is now on his 4th Peugeot (he's a slow learner! ) and it will be his last that's for sure!

Originally Posted by Phil View Post

The 308 is now out, my 307 is 4 years old (no probs so far he says with fingers crossed) and the 306 was a good few years before that. The 305 is going back a long way 1978-89.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Apologies Phil, it was a 307, I still think there's a weakness with the engine mounts on some of these cars, I think they're made of aluminium, will make some enquiries and let you all know.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Blimey Denis my oh drives a 307 sw and its only a year old , Its one of the 7 seater estate ones , I hope it dont happen to our cars esp if Lady is in the car as a loud bang will scare the hell out of her xxdk
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I have a 205 its 13 years old now and never had any problems, only thing that keeps happening is the battery going flat (silly driver forgetting to turn her lights off )

*runs off to touch some wood*
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >