Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
My Dad and Step-Mum have the Beagles and hate mud, so they're no good.

Neil's side of the family are all non doggy people.

My brother is a huge dog fan and desperate for his own, but is a Director, works long hours and lives in a flat in Horsham so not the right environment for Woody at all.

Our best friends would be ideal, but they already have 2 and I think they would find 3 far too much to cope with, especially as their two are Mother and Son and Woody doesn't 'quite' fit into that.

The best thing would be to leave him with a Springer rescue that foster, but again I'd want to know where he will end up.

What else can I do??????
I'll have 'im! I'm sure Kia and Woody would get on like a house on fire and I ain't scared of mud!

But in all seriousness - I really need to have a long hard think about what would happen to Kia if both me and Mike 'went'... My parents aren't dog people and have already decided that once their 2 cats go they aren't getting any more pets so that they can have some freedom in their oncoming old age so it wouldn't be fair to ask them. My grandad loves dogs and has 3 of his own but one is severely dog aggressive to those outside of her pack so that wouldn't work. So I really don't know! I wouldn't want her to go into kennels so I need to make some sort of plan

Not a nice thing to have to think about really, is it?!

S xox
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Not a nice thing to think about, but it's really important and I need a plan.

Am feeling desperate and sad now! ;o(
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Not a nice thing to think about, but it's really important and I need a plan.

Am feeling desperate and sad now! ;o(
Stop worrying - you ain't going to pop your cloggs yet!
Not something that has ever crossed my mind with Tilly but I don't think the kids would abandon her!
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I would hope that my parents would take Kiba if something happened to me and Steve. However I know he has major issues with separation. He's getting better with my parents though...but he still wouldn't be able to be left alone.

In all honesty I'd probably be asked that Kiba be returned to his breeder because I know she'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Although, where I go Kiba goes, so if we had an accident and both died he would probably die too.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:15 PM
My parents would have the mad gang.... if they didn't then they have their "godmother" Sheree to hand and failing that then back to their breeders on the proviso they stay together or in pairs.... But I don't intend on going anywhere just yet!!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Monty and i are always together so hopefully we would end up that way.

If not, i have 2 friends i know would take him like a shot. One a family person and the other a working handler. My preference would be the family as he would be part of something and he is working already so deserves a bit of relaxation. If for some reason she couldn't take him - then i don't know

Saying that, i have no intention of parting with him or leaving him on his own at this moment in time - however, best i inform my friend that she is now named in my will
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys, some real food for thought. I'm still not sure what to do but really need to put some thought into it. Whilst I can see the logic in pts, I think he is re-homeable to the right home and he is so young for that to happen!

Oh, I just don't know. It's so hard!
To be honest, if I had a 'normal' dog (for want of a better term!) I would not be having him / her pts if both Dave and I went. It is only because my boy is so unique in his behaviour ( ) that I consider it the best option for Max.

My mum's dog will come to me, in the event that she goes before him, and I know that she would do the same for me if we got another 'normal' dog after Max is gone.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh God this is all getting morbid, can we change the subject please
Isn't it just and there was me thinking we came on forums to enjoy ourselves and have fun!
bullylurchers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Simples, if i die my dogs die with me! I know that some family members would look after my dogs if anyting happened to me but what if something happened to them while looking after them?....At least id know where my dogs would be and they would be safe.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 11:32 PM
i dont have a will... too young to have really thought about it... plus, there would only be one thing in my will... Jake im not sure who would have Jake... either my parents or OH... preferably the latter
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 09:53 AM
My Mom would take on both Zane and Yiannis - although I'm not convinced she would cope wiht Yiannis as well. Zane is "her" baby so eh coulnd't possibly go anywhere else.

Yiannis has been offered a home by my younger brother who atm has cats. They are all really old (aside from one) so if the worst happens, hopefully Yiannis will learn to be tolerant of the older cats (the younger one doesn't bother him).

I have a friend who would take on the girls.

Fortunately my friends and family are very close knit so if anyone had any problems with any of the dogs, they could talk to and get advice easily from someone else close to them and the dogs. it woudl also mean that Oscar doesn't lose the dogs too.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >