Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:09 PM

dreaming...

How often do your doggies 'bark' and 'run' in their sleep? Is this normal? Both of ours do it alot, Paris has just had a mini barking session bless her! Phil sometimes barks and wakes himself up!
I read somewhere that wild dogs dont do it and its because they are stressed, i just wondered how true this was?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:34 PM
My two do it all the time. And they are definately not stressed - they have the life of Riley!

Cesar Milan says that the dogs on his grandfather's farm didn't dream like that because they were worn out from working all the time. Whether it's true or not I don't know.

But I don't think it's anything to worry about and it's certainly normal.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Both mine do it all the time! Cassie more so then Ela, with people dreaming is a way of processing the events of the day. Neither of mine are stressed as Cassie is often on the sofa having mummy cuddles when she does it!

I always find Cassie dreams more after a busy day or when she has been working . . .
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:40 PM
All of mine do it from time to time - the wolfhound sometimes makes the strangest hooting noise too. I think he must be dreaming of a lovely lady wolfhound
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Mine make noises and their paws sometimes move about as if they're running but they don't actually go anywhere.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I often find that youngsters or pups do it quite a lot but mine seem to grow out of it.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I always thought that most dogs dream , all of our past dogs have done it. the first week we had hooch, he woke us up in the middle of the night howling in his sleep. he's never done it since though, he also does the running in his sleep and makes half barking sounds.
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Chaos does it! She sort of half barks and her paws do the running action!!
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-12-2008, 02:03 PM
My dad's GSD used to do it all the time, paws used to flicker for a bit, followed by a full on run with a couple quiet woofs. Me dad used to say he was chasing rabbits, which I thought as odd cos the dog had never even laid eyes upon a rabbit in his puff, never mind chased one
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 02:03 PM
ben does his little yipping noises and the paws are flapping about. makes me giggle when i see it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >